+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, corrupt windows file after Altris deployment in Technical; after several attempts to get ghost to image a pc with corrupt image errors and then issues getting a Bart ...

Thank Post

corrupt windows file after Altris deployment

after several attempts to get ghost to image a pc with corrupt image errors and then issues getting a Bart cd to boot and see a usb drive, i found out that the Bart cd doesn't seem to want to assign a drive letter to the usb drive.

anyway i got over this by using UBCD i used rdeploy from Altris to image the sysprep'd pc and all went well, as did the deployment, until the pc started up i get a corrupt or missing file error. the original prep'd pc started up ok and ran through sysprep and works ok. ive so far spent 3 days trying to get an image on a pc

any ideas?

Thank Post
    Sounds like a duff hard drive to me. Load up your UBCD and run DFT. See what that turns up.

Thank Post
    I had checked the drive as I have tried 3 different ones with ghost aswell as several CDs of Bart etc

Thank Post
    Ok.

If you're doing a disk to disk copy there is probably a problem with either the source or the destination drive, it could also be bad RAM.

If it's from a stored image, where did you get your image from? If ghost is saying it's corrupt then it probably is, I've seen this caused by a variety of things including bad RAM on the master machine, an unclean shutdown, corrupt media (the source or destination hard disk or the media used for storing the image), incompatible sata controller, missing span files, poor network connectivity (depends on your setup, obviously).

I might be able to help you but I need a bit more info.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    It sounds like a combination of problems. Some newer modern systems have multiple USB ports and also memory card readers which use up available drive letters. Try disabling the memory card reader (usually in the BIOS) and try connecting the hard drive to another USB port, then repeat the process of booting with BartPE.

The second problem looks like a corrupt image. It happens time to time. Again I would Sysprep the orginal system and try a second time at creating an image. Depending on which software you use, you sometimes have the option of verifying the image for errors before deploying it.

Thank Post
    the pc has been sysprep'd (shutdown option) and then imaged by ghost (the Altris later) via a bootable cd & usb drive.

the restore is then done the same way, cd & usb drive - ghost reported the image corrupt from 3 usb drives (turns out that Bart doesn't assign a drive letter to the usb for some reason)

Altris has imaged the same pc and deploys it ok, but when it reboots i get the corrupt or missing file error, yet the sysprep'd pc runs through sysprep ok

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    the restore is then done the same way, cd & usb drive - ghost reported the image corrupt from 3 usb drives (turns out that Bart doesn't assign a drive letter to the usb for some reason)
    You may need to include/slipstream chipset drivers into the BartPE disc. It's possible also that the USB ports are faulty and corrupting the image. The only alternative would be to extract the hard drive, install it as a slave in another system and create an image that way.

Thank Post
    I've never had much success using ghost from a usb drive. Do you have access to a network drive or could you put the hard disk from one into the other and do a direct disk to disk?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread