+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Magnetic Swipe Cards in Technical; Hey i've just been looking about on here and well can't seem to find what im after, I'm sorry if ...
    Thank Post

Magnetic Swipe Cards

Hey i've just been looking about on here and well can't seem to find what im after, I'm sorry if im just using bad tags to search or something.... But anyway here goes...

Basically my NM is all really looking togo for these new Sun thin clients, which have built in swipe card readers which can used for logon, Now my question is how do you go about creating these swipe cards (we already have a magnetic card writer and blank cards due to being donated it by another external company that ended up changing there mind) and once you have created them how would one go about tagging it into the corrosponding active directory account, I'm looking about and just feel like im not getting far.

Thanks for any advice.

Aaron

Thank Post
    Sun Ray thin clients don't use swipe cards - it uses the chip on a 'smart card' insead. Several technologies are usable.

The card printer you have will more than likely do nothing to the card. The cards you buy have a number encoded to them and you associate that number to a person in a database. The chip works in the same way - there's an application on your Solaris Sun Ray servers to do this IIRC.

The best person to speak to for advice is Linescanner (Andy Trevor of Cutter). He will be happy to help and should be able to source suitable cards and hardware.

3. Thanks to Ric_ from:

Azhibberd (29th April 2009)

Thank Post
    Cheers Ric_, Looks like my NM got it wrong with what type of cards just been doing more reading up on it today thanks for the point in the right direction

Aaron

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread