+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, OK, so I know I am stupid..what have I done wrong now?? in Technical; HI You could also have a look at rmtSHUTDOWN Download which is a gui based tool.. Richard...
    Thank Post
    HI

You could also have a look at rmtSHUTDOWN Download which is a gui based tool..

Richard

Thank Post
    There is no event to show the machine I am looking at was shutdown at 18.05pm. I can see the events where I shut down a machine earlier in the day when I was testing, but nothing after I left.
    Looking at another machine, I can see event 6006 at 18.32 which makes no sense at all.
    I suppose it might be that the machines weren't left on so just to be sure I will leave one on overnight and see what happens in the morning. I suspect it isn't working though

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ricki View Post
    HI

You could also have a look at rmtSHUTDOWN Download which is a gui based tool..

Richard
    Thanks but I really want to find out why what I have done doesnt work, when it should!!

Thank Post
    I use the following in a .bat, one line for each computer, running as a scheduled task:

start shutdown -s -t 300 -m \\computername -f

I found that on one site it worked fine, on another I had to modify a group policy to allow admins to log on as a batch job as my predecessor had fiddled the default domain policy.

Thank Post
    I managed to persuade the children NOT to shut down the machine and I have come in this morning to find an event log 6006 at 18.21.
    Does this make sense? The shutdown is scheduled for 18.05, could it take that long to get there?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information