+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, Access blocked to C: Drive in Technical; At some point a couple of years ago, I used the MMC to restrict access to the hard drive for ...

Thank Post

Similar problem

At some point a couple of years ago, I used the MMC to restrict access to the hard drive for my students to prevent their downloading software and changing system files. Now I have 12 of the same pcs that have been applying the policies correctly, and 12 new laptops. In my website design class, we spend one week working with MS FrontPage (Yes, I know it's outdated, it's just to introduce them to simple GUI editors). All the machines are mapped to a network drive where they store their files. On the 'old' pcs, FP works fine, allowing the students to save their files. On the new laptops, any save option gives the error message "unable to save the file". I know it's because the default file location is on the c: drive. I've tried to find a way to change the default file location, but haven't found it in the software. I've tried to find the policy setting in the mmc, but haven't been able to. When I look in the mmc, I have options for Internet Explorer, but not Windows Explorer. I have no idea how or where I found the drive restriction option, but I certainly cannot find it now. I've looked in all the areas of the mmc. I even opened the sys.adm file in notepad and found the policy setting, but it says it's set to not restrict access. Any help anyone can give would be sorely and greatly appreciated.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    For the default save location, i believe you need to go into word and change it under Tools > Options > Save Locations for it to be office wide.

Thank Post
    Thanks, but that doesn't work for FrontPage. The folder redirection is already set for all the other Office products. Any other suggestions?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12