+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Strange RIS Issue in Technical; Hi, Have a strange RIS issue with a HP dc5700 machine with broadcom netextreme onboard network driver. Have a WIN ...

Thank Post

Strange RIS Issue

Hi,

Have a strange RIS issue with a HP dc5700 machine with broadcom netextreme onboard network driver.
    Have a WIN XP SP3 Flat image. Have added the inf,sys, and cat files to the flat image (std files go into i386, and altered inf file and others go into $oem$\$1\Drivers\Nic folder) as per the included instructions included from the HP driver and support website, and can flat image the machine no problem.

Install graphics drivers, and audio driver, machine looks clean, and install a few other apps, and fonts as I normally would.

Then Riprep machine, which completes successfully. Add requested information to the sif file for the rip-repped image for driver location, and oempreinstall = yes. Then try and re-image machine with rip-repped image, but get no joy (text mode "network drivers not installed" blah). Thinks maybe need to add $oem$ folder to the rip-repped image....did so, restarted WDS on server, and start over, but still no joy. I guess I need to add some files to the i386 folder to the rip-repped image (which I also tried, but still no luck - must be wrong ones or some configuration issue). Not too urgent as I have a SP2 image working, just annoying.

Anyone had similiar problem, and how did you solve it?

Thanks

Thank Post
    http://www.edugeek.net/forums/networ...not-dells.html

HP Compaq D350 keeps blue screening when trying to RIS

As per the 2nd link maybe editing the inf file and also if you search edugeek for broadcom there are numerous posts relating to RIS etc - even an RIS wiki so that maybe worth while checking out ?

3. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

_techie_ (11th February 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanks,

will try some of the other solutions, never had this problem when making the SP2 image for the machine. Might just try removing any of the older files from the flat image, then adding the ones I aleady have.

Thanks again.

Thank Post
    not sure if this helps...

try deleting any .PNF files in the i386 dir that have the same file name as the network drivers you are adding. I've heard these get in the way when they really need to be regenerated during the next network install of the image

also stop and start whatever service runs wds. in RIS is was binlsvc.

correct me if i am wrong but i believe the riprep image should utilize all the oem drivers from the flat image. It is my understanding that the riprep still calls on the original flat image in some regards.

hope this helps. i'm sysbuildr on twitter.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread