+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Pcounter in Technical; We have Pcounter installed as our print management software, which overall works quite well for us. We're experiencing a minor ...
    Thank Post

Pcounter

We have Pcounter installed as our print management software, which overall works quite well for us.

We're experiencing a minor ish prob on a HP CLJ2550.

I've set up two instances of the same printer - one colour and one mono so we can set the mono as a default as most of the jobs sent to it are just text - but the problem we're having is that even though a rule has been set to delete a job when the user has insufficient credit the job still prints.

The user is notified that they have insufficient balance but the job still comes off the printer.

As far as I can see the pcounter ports have been set up identical to other 'working' pcounter ports on other printers.

Pcounter, so far, has been pretty much faultless for us so I'm a bit baffled as to why this is happening.

I guess it must be something to do with multiple instance of the same printer but can't find any reference to this being an issue online or in the documentation

Any ideas?

Cheers

Thank Post
    Have you got Pcounter just logging prints or logging prints and deducting credits?

If it's just logging it will continue to allow users to print after reaching 0 credit.

We have also found that when a user sends a job that will cost for example 20p, and they only have 16p on their account then Pcounter will still let them finish the job!

Thank Post
    deducting credits.

I've gone though *every* setting on the clj2550's properties with a working pcounter port and I can't see anything out of the ordinary.

Its not a huge issue but I'm bothered about our yr11s sussing that they can print what they want on that printer

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread