+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, BackupExec & Exchange 2007. in Technical; Hi. Can anyone help me with this, im having lots of problems getting Exchange 2007 to backup with BackupExec12. Our ...

Thank Post

BackupExec & Exchange 2007.

Hi.
    Can anyone help me with this, im having lots of problems getting Exchange 2007 to backup with BackupExec12.
    Our Exchange server has 3 nics in it. Two teamed that goto LAN, and the other gig nic going to our BackupAreaNetwork (BAN).

Its data storage drive and log drive are both on two seperate iSCSI targets on our fileserver, and operates over the BAN network.
    LCR is enabled for two of the mailbox databases, and both active and passive data & logs & databases are separated into their own unique folders on their respective drives.
    The exchange server has all the updates upto Rollout3 on it, and has the BE Remote Agent on it. Rollup4 isnt installed as it prevents the services from starting on our box, and i havnt bothered looking at 5 incase it has the same problems as 4.

On the other side of our BAN network is a storage server that functions as the BE media server, and nothing else.

Everytime i backup i used to get a 'cant see host, backup canceled' problem with just exchange. Which i fixed by setting the remote agent to advertise only on the BAN interface, and setting the Exchange jobs in BE to use the BAN network as well.
    Now i get this error:

Job Completion Status
    Job ended: 16 January 2009 at 12:06:22
    Completed status: Failed
    Final error: 0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred.
    Final error category: Server Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65072

Errors
    Click an error below to locate it in the job log
    Backup- XXXXX V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.
    V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.
    V-79-57344-65072 - The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set canceled.
    V-79-57344-65072 - The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set canceled.
    V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.

Exceptions
    Click an exception below to locate it in the job log
    Backup- XXXXX V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\XXXXX\C:". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
    The network connection failed during the snapshot. Check the network, and then run the job again.
    V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\XXXXX\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
    The network connection failed during the snapshot. Check the network, and then run the job again.
    V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\XXXXX\Microsoft Information Store\IT Support". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
    V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\XXXXX\Microsoft Information Store\Office Staff". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
    V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\XXXXX\Microsoft Information Store\Second Storage Group". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
    V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\XXXXX\Microsoft Information Store\SMT". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
    V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\XXXXX\Microsoft Information Store\Support Staff". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
    V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\XXXXX\Microsoft Information Store\Teaching Staff". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
    V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\XXXXXl\Microsoft Information Store\Temp". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
    V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\XXXXX\Microsoft Information Store\Temporary Staff". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
    V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\XXXXX\System?State". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
    A few articles ive seen around suggest making a mailbox for the BE service account, which ive done, no effect.
    Then they suggest installing the management tools on the BE Media server, which i cant, because the Exchange Installer doesnt like the underscore in the media server name. .
    Ive also noticed that when it errors, the remote agent service on the exchange box, 9/10 will crash.
    Anyone got any ideas on this one?

Thanks in advance all. .
    Last edited by boomam; 16th January 2009 at 12:49 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,460 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

I am having very similar issues, how did you fix it?

Thanks

Thank Post
    I'm sure you have - but when you created the mailbox for the BE account in Exchange, did you give that account mailbox permissions over all of the other mailboxes and storage groups? I had a very similar problem which was resolved by doing the above.

Tom

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boomam View Post
    Hi.
    Can anyone help me with this, im having lots of problems getting Exchange 2007 to backup with BackupExec12.
    Our Exchange server has 3 nics in it. Two teamed that goto LAN, and the other gig nic going to our BackupAreaNetwork (BAN).

Its data storage drive and log drive are both on two seperate iSCSI targets on our fileserver, and operates over the BAN network.
    LCR is enabled for two of the mailbox databases, and both active and passive data & logs & databases are separated into their own unique folders on their respective drives.
    The exchange server has all the updates upto Rollout3 on it, and has the BE Remote Agent on it. Rollup4 isnt installed as it prevents the services from starting on our box, and i havnt bothered looking at 5 incase it has the same problems as 4.

On the other side of our BAN network is a storage server that functions as the BE media server, and nothing else.

Everytime i backup i used to get a 'cant see host, backup canceled' problem with just exchange. Which i fixed by setting the remote agent to advertise only on the BAN interface, and setting the Exchange jobs in BE to use the BAN network as well.
    Now i get this error:

A few articles ive seen around suggest making a mailbox for the BE service account, which ive done, no effect.
    Then they suggest installing the management tools on the BE Media server, which i cant, because the Exchange Installer doesnt like the underscore in the media server name. .
    Ive also noticed that when it errors, the remote agent service on the exchange box, 9/10 will crash.
    Anyone got any ideas on this one?

Thanks in advance all. .

Check out this symantec article:

How to backup Exchange 2007 with Backup Exec for Windows Servers (BEWS)

Ash.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread