+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, WSUS Installed/not applicable in Technical; Seriously is there anything more stupid that this column heading "Installed/not applicable" I mean which one is it! I authorised ...
    Thank Post

WSUS Installed/not applicable

Seriously is there anything more stupid that this column heading "Installed/not applicable" I mean which one is it! I authorised .Net 3 from the wsus console and sat back for a few days watching the percentage increase day by day. I was assuming that it meant it was installing as the percentage went up but no it was falling under the category of not applicable for some reason because when I went and checked some workstations it had not installed.
    Surely this should be 2 different columns?

Thank Post
    well not applicable means it isnt needed on that station i.e. x64 updates on x86 systems, or vista updates on xp.

are you sure the .net 3 version you approved was for the relevant workstation type?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,447 Posts
    Blog Entries
    well not applicable means it isn't need, but installed means its been install so it must be need....

never notcied it myself really

Thank Post
    ... Yes but that front screen doesnt actually tell you how many machines it has installed on. Even if the figure reads 200 it may mean its only installed on 1, but your not to know that until you start clicking away at reports. It would be better if it read Successfull Installation 150 Not applicable:50.

Thank Post
    I know this is a really old thread, but I couldn't resist replying since I was looking everywhere for the answer to the same question ChrisH posed. Fortunately, I discovered the answer and want to share it in case anyone else runs into this same situation. In order to get something more useful than, "Installed/not applicable", go to your "All Updates" and choose whatever view you want, i.e. Any Approved updates. Right click on one of the columns at the top and you'll have the option to view additional columns. I added two columns, which solved my problem: Installed and Not Applicable. Bingo! For each update, I can see how many machines it installed on and how many were not applicable. Anything with a 0 for installed and some number for Not Applicable, I quickly disapproved. I hope someone else finds this helpful.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread