+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Profile problem in Technical; Recently I spent a while setting up our old admin PC (Dell GX280) as a workstation. Set it up as ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Profile problem

Recently I spent a while setting up our old admin PC (Dell GX280) as a workstation. Set it up as a workgroup PC set up all user options and software then added it to our network and succesfully logged on with Admin permissions. However, when I then went to copy the workgroup user profile across the default things went wrong - all appeared OK but then a message came up canot delete documents and settings folder and the next thing I see when clearing the advanced systems properties box down is all programmes have vanished from programmes list and desktop icons vanished as well. Looking in the C:\ drive they are all there though. Virus scan clear. Any suggestions please folks?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Problem still not properly resolved as twice I have tried to copy the profile across now both times with the attempt to delete the folder outcome. Luckily the second time I copied the Documents and Settings folder and was able to restore the original local users, all users and default folders. This enabled me to at least get the PC on the net and copy an existing good default folder across the one on the C: drive. This worked and all expected programmes are back in place. I'd still like to copy the local user I set up across the default so if anyone did have thoughts on this I'd love to hear them..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread