+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Problem with Exchange 2007 Global Address List in Technical; Recently came to my attention that I have a problem with our school exchange 2007 setup, we have only been ...

Thank Post

Problem with Exchange 2007 Global Address List

Recently came to my attention that I have a problem with our school exchange 2007 setup, we have only been live to users for just over a month. The current setup is with approximately 150 staff only users who generally use OWA to gain access to thier mail. The problem is that if any member of staff wants to create a new message and then selects the To look up box the usual default Global address list is shown, unfortunately it seems to have ommitted certain users namely 28 of them with surnames from H to N i.e not at the start or finish. Now I have checked these missing users both in AD and in the EMS on the exchange server and cannot see any difference between them and the other users as to why they are not being listed.

My setup from scratch has been with the aid of the Train signal training DVD an excellent package for explaining and setting up but does not cover errors in great detail.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank Post
    have updated the GAL? Is GAL update service working?

Thank Post
    updated the GAL manually in the EM Console still no change to original problem. How do you check if the GAL update service is working corrcetly apart from looking at the event log. Which service updates the GAL ?

Thank Post
    Check that the users in question havent been hidden from the GAL..
    this URL might help - Users Missing from Exchange 2007 GAL - TechNet Forums

Thank Post
    All visible to the GAL.
    Have ensured the check box is unticked for all of the users that are not displaying.

Thank Post
    Have checked the AD users General tab for inconsistencies and the email addresses match up with the EMS entries. Noticed today that by adding a user mailbox with surname starting V that the list of users not displayed had shifted by one up. So a user with surname HO which was n't previously visible in the GAl now is and a user which was at the bottom of the missing users with the surname starting NOR is now not visible. So like I said its shifted the list up. Its almost like there is a fixed mask over the list obscuring users.

Kind of stumped.

Thank Post
    RUN this on exchange server -

Update-GlobalAddressList -Identity "company x" where company x is yr domain name

The new account you created with V, is that visable? What version of office are you outlook clients using? Same problem with OWA?

Thank Post
    Tried the command update-globaladdresslist -identity "domain name" as suggested came up with error of domain not found so tried slightly different way of specifying switch -domain name and then when asked for identity specified Global address list. No errors received.

The new account starting with letter V is visible in OWA. We are using a combination of outlook 2003 and outlook 2007 but generally 95 % of teachers are using OWA. To be honest have not tried outlook to see if the GAL displayed is different to OWA. Will verify later.

Thanks again for all suggestions, this does seem like a bit of a peculiar error.

Thank Post
    How many OWA servers are you using? Have you tried to re-create the OAL?

Thank Post
    Only using one OWA server and recreating the OAL had no change. Strange how this problem only affects OWA as configured Outlook and it is showing the full GAL correctly. The problem is specific to how the GAL is created or displayed bt OWA. Unfortunately not something I know a great deal about. Time to get googling again.

Thank Post
    Having the exact same issue with Exchange 2007 OWA Global Address List. Did anyone ever find a resolution to this issue?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread