+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, ADM for WLANs in Technical; After a lot of teeth grinding I've put together an ADM (mainly because I wanted the experience/practice) for a couple ...
    Thank Post

ADM for WLANs

After a lot of teeth grinding I've put together an ADM (mainly because I wanted the experience/practice) for a couple of settings that affect Wireless LANs.

Primarily the ADM does the following:

- Stops Sophos from requiring an update at startup by allowing you to edit the autopupdate command line

- Sets the GPO timeout forcing it to wait for the network with a set timeout which can be set according to your needs (0 - 120 seconds)

At this point I've no real idea how effective these are going to be at resolving all the issues I've found to date so treat as betaware.. Feedback encouraged and suggestions for improving it would be good too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by contink View Post
    After a lot of teeth grinding I've put together an ADM (mainly because I wanted the experience/practice) for a couple of settings that affect Wireless LANs.

Primarily the ADM does the following:

- Stops Sophos from requiring an update at startup by allowing you to edit the autopupdate command line

- Sets the GPO timeout forcing it to wait for the network with a set timeout which can be set according to your needs (0 - 120 seconds)

At this point I've no real idea how effective these are going to be at resolving all the issues I've found to date so treat as betaware.. Feedback encouraged and suggestions for improving it would be good too.
    The only issue is that the gpo timeout won't actually *force* it to wait if you are doing things like 802.1x and changing vlans etc. It does help, but doesn't fix. (I have a ADM in use for it here already )

The GP detection is only syncronised with authentication in vista onwards I think.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcCoy View Post
    The only issue is that the gpo timeout won't actually *force* it to wait if you are doing things like 802.1x and changing vlans etc. It does help, but doesn't fix. (I have a ADM in use for it here already )

The GP detection is only syncronised with authentication in vista onwards I think.
    Yeah... I'm basically pulling that and a variety of other GPO settings together (most already in GPO anyway) in the hope that the combination will have the desired effect 95% of the time.

As for having an ADM already...
    Last edited by contink; 5th December 2008 at 05:28 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread