+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, Login issues with domain trusts in Technical; Sorry for the delay, @sukh - ACL's are fine, at least "everyone" has read permmissions and file and share level. ...

Thank Post
    Sorry for the delay,
    @sukh - ACL's are fine, at least "everyone" has read permmissions and file and share level.

@jamesb - No I have not (it's not configured which is the same as not). However the script is part of the users AD account NOT GP.

@DrPerceptron - I've get "Legacy Login Scripts" set to hide but not Login Scripts (for some reason). I have however got it set in the user settings and I know that they are not being appled becuase I have not enabled "Allow Cross-Forest User Policy and Roaming User Profiles".

I might wait until Friday (Our pupils leave Wednesady and Thursday's the Support Staff Christmas Lunch) and then enable the cross Forrest GPO Processing and see what happens.

Thank Post
    what about exeecute? on the script?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Sorry for the delay,
    @sukh - ACL's are fine, at least "everyone" has read permmissions and file and share level.

@jamesb - No I have not (it's not configured which is the same as not). However the script is part of the users AD account NOT GP.

@DrPerceptron - I've get "Legacy Login Scripts" set to hide but not Login Scripts (for some reason). I have however got it set in the user settings and I know that they are not being appled becuase I have not enabled "Allow Cross-Forest User Policy and Roaming User Profiles".

I might wait until Friday (Our pupils leave Wednesady and Thursday's the Support Staff Christmas Lunch) and then enable the cross Forrest GPO Processing and see what happens.
    I'm just wondering, since it says that it also applies to roaming profiles. The home directory redirect, if I remember correctly, is part of the AD schema and so would carry across anywhere the object goes. I've just had a look at the schema and can't find anything similar for logon script.It may be there of course, I just took a glance at it so might've missed it.

Edit: I take it back, just found it in the schema. scriptPath attribute.

Edit v1.1: On the other hand I did just find this KB from Microsoft which might help: When you try to log on interactively to a Windows XP-based client computer, the user object logon script does not run
    Last edited by jamesb; 9th December 2008 at 03:54 PM.

Thank Post
    I believe it's a name resolution issue. Can you try the KB and let us know. Also try to update either the host/lmhost6 file on A client machine and see if you ping the server(s) in the login script using netBIOS only. Before doing this tell me what happnes when you ping the server(s) in the login script before changing the host/lmhost files

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12