+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, Mandatory Roaming Profiles, Temp Internet Files and XStandard Pro License in Technical; I also tried installing it on the workstations, still does not work with man profiles....
    Thank Post
    I also tried installing it on the workstations, still does not work with man profiles.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnetman View Post
    I also tried installing it on the workstations, still does not work with man profiles.
    Did you get the X-Special.exe ?

Thank Post
    Where do I get the X-special.exe from?

Thank Post
    It seems to have worked in the fact that the bar comes up, but because the license is different the functions don’t work correctly.

I even replaced the license file with our license that downloads when you open the page. Pops up with a message saying “web Services URLs must be listed in the license file. Add additional URLs at http://xstandard.com”

If you have any ideas about that I’d be grateful.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stu1892 View Post
    It seems to have worked in the fact that the bar comes up, but because the license is different the functions don’t work correctly.

I even replaced the license file with our license that downloads when you open the page. Pops up with a message saying “web Services URLs must be listed in the license file. Add additional URLs at http://xstandard.com”

If you have any ideas about that I’d be grateful.
    Stu

Does this mean that the menu buttons are shown but greyed out ?

Thank Post
    they are shown and you can click on them and the message i mentioned above turns up. Even with our license in that folder. (unless the license changes all the time.) At least it's another thing to say to the people who designed the site.

It should come up with some sort of browser window to browse for pictures and you should be able to drag them in.

Thank Post
    Just to mention i tried that ntuser.ini file thing and hacked the registry to try and get the current user to copy across TIF and Local Settings to the roaming profile. It worked, but it doesn't copy the contents!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by stu1892; 4th December 2008 at 09:30 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,645 Posts
    Is it possible to fudge this by manually copying the temporary files into the mandatory profile?

Thank Post
    Tried it but you can't copy TIF to a server from what i've seen / tried. Also, when you manually move them it changes the file name from "filename.ext" to "filename[1].ext" for some reason.
    If you rename the ones that you think you need i think it changes it's validity somehow too as if it's in tif folder you can't get security or sharing settings etc. Like they're locked.

Thank Post
    Thought i'd post what i had done as i forgot to due to all the festivities!

Pending further testing, the editor issue has been fixed.

After creating a profile we usually make the profile mandatory by renaming the ntuser.dat file ntuser.man.
    If the profile is mandatory it's not holding the license or allowing access to the license already downloaded.

I have got round this after creating the profile and making sure no one is logged on at the time using that profile. instead of renaming the ntuser file, i have now edited security permissions on the file.

I changed these settings for 'Users', so any domain users without admin privileges don't have rights to write to it. I denied all write related permissions through the advanced section of security.
    This in essence makes the profile read only but you can write during the session meaning you get the license as any of the users. Then at logoff, no changes are saved.

Thank Post
    Hi zimmer. Elsiegee's idea is what i had and what i would have tried myself as that is how i build the profiles. For some reason it wasn't working for this. Something to do with the TIF i think.

I didn't do any regmon/filemon recordings. I probably will now i have a bit of breathing space!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12