+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, VPC 2007 for Students in Technical; Hi all, Firstly just wanna say hi as Im newly registered here. Been working at my first school for about ...
    Thank Post

VPC 2007 for Students

Hi all,
    Firstly just wanna say hi as Im newly registered here. Been working at my first school for about 5 months now and this site has already given me some great resources to sift through!

Im having an issue with VPC 07 (yes I know its rubbish). We have VPC installing by GPO aswell as another Policy for its security settings and have had the program running in our main ICT suite for some time.
    The previous technician was a programmer and scripter and had somehow managed to create a permanent VHD on the client PC, which would 'reset' itself after the student had logged off. It would then be ready to use by other students with no permanent changes made by the student.

Unfortunately, we have deployed new images on some of the ICT rooms and have lost whatever changes he made to the program to achieve this.
    We of course still have the old images and I plan to root around in the image in the morning to try and find out what he has done but I was wondering if any of you guys had come accross a similar situation? Or are using a similar technique?
    Im a total newbie at VPC as I use Vmware myself, but haven't been able to find anything similar to what Im trying to achieve on the interweb. Perhaps Im not looking hard enough.

Part of the work they're doing requires they are able to demonstrate certain skills involving the control panel, display settings etc... and this is the method we currently use.

If you need any more information please let me know,
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thank Post
    Before booting the VPC, edit the settings and somewhere (can't remember off the top of my head) is an Undo Disks option.

Although, Undo Disks kicks in when the VPC shuts down as opposed to a log off - it still presents the same functionality...

Thank Post
    cheers for the quick reply! I will take a further look at this tomorrow.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread