+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, New HP DC7800s What should I take off? in Technical; In the process of loading one of the new computers before making an image. There's all sorts of HP bundled ...

Thank Post

New HP DC7800s What should I take off?

In the process of loading one of the new computers before making an image. There's all sorts of HP bundled stuff like Credential Manager that I'm sure we don't need. Can anyone advise on what can and should be removed?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We remove all of it (just got a new 7900 yesterday and did the same thing)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    In the process of loading one of the new computers before making an image. There's all sorts of HP bundled stuff like Credential Manager that I'm sure we don't need. Can anyone advise on what can and should be removed?
    Wipe it and start from scratch? I always do (after checking what drivers it has on it first so I know what to download). Avoids issues later on (like the sp3 intel/amd one).

Thank Post
    Hi ,

i second that, most of our clients want that stuff removed, and i have all those things taken off, HP normally bundles all kinds of credential managers, web printer managers, preloaded unlicensed MS Office whcih you will never activate becuase your using a school license...etc etc.

You never know which one of these apps is potentially going to conflict with an app in the future...or simply take up space.

I would start vanilla, then image, and then group "splat" to all the others

Thank Post
    We have about 90 of the beauties here, and just created a fresh xp image. Hate all the HP crap that comes with it. Also whats with all the packaging?!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just picking up on the packaging bit; if anyone wants PCs supplying without loads of packaging then talk to Viglen - they will ship PCs on palettes with minimal packaging. Saves forests worth of cardboard and all the polystyrene etc that most PC makers use.

I think Dell will also do the same but last time I checked they charged extra for the privilege!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information