+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Installing Wamp5 in Technical; Hi I have IIS installed on a windows xp sp1 machine and have a site setup to do room bookings ...

Thank Post

Installing Wamp5

Hi

I have IIS installed on a windows xp sp1 machine and have a site setup to do room bookings which works fine.

I then installed another virtual directory and called it Intranet and have put some html pages wich are accessible fine from the network. All i do is type http://office/intranet and it takes me to the local intranet page.

Not the problem i am facing is that i want to run PHP on this machine so that i can use PHP functions for the intranet page. I tried installing Wamp5 over and over again put had no luck. I couldn't even open the wamp server localhost page and it tells me on the system tray that only 1 of 2 services are running!!!!

I am not sure as to where i should have this installed!!!! I have C:\Inetpub\wwwroot folder which handles the room booking system. Now when i install wamp it asks me where i want to install it... As default it goes to c:\wamp\www. Now do i need to install PHP under the c:\inetpub\wwwroot folder or this shouldn't matter!!!! I have no success on this. suggestions please....

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wamp is a webserver and so is IIS. My guess would be that the 2 are trying to run on the same port (port 80) and as such Apache (the A in WAMP) isn't launching.

You can change the port for apache via the system, but why do you need IIS and WAMP?

If you want to just use PHP with IIS, take a look at PHP on IIS : The Official Microsoft IIS Site and PHP: Installation on Windows systems - Manual

Thank Post
    But i only have windows xp pro sp1 which has IIS 5.1 installed, dont think i can integrate fastcgi!!!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Installing PHP on IIS 5.1 (Windows XP Pro) explains how to install PHP on XP with IIS 5.1.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread