+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Windows Thread, Resolution Changing for RM in Technical; Hey all, I was thinking about putting multires onto our RM CC3 "system" so the students can have a bit ...
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    134
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Resolution Changing for RM

    Hey all,
    I was thinking about putting multires onto our RM CC3 "system" so the students can have a bit more comfort with their work (I know if I was stuck at 800x600 I'd die!). The only problem seems to be that the NM wants it to set the resolution back to 800x600 when users log back off again. Does anyone know of any program that does that?

    Thanks
    Mint

  2. #2
    Norphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Harpenden
    Posts
    2,262
    Thank Post
    51
    Thanked 276 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    113

    Re: Resolution Changing for RM

    I don't know RM but I assume you can have logout scripts like you can with AD?

    Download something like this and have it run as a logout script.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    134
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Resolution Changing for RM

    this is what I was thinking, but I'm not sure if RM will let you do logoff scripts. Not seen the option anywhere :S

  4. #4
    fooby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    351
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Resolution Changing for RM

    We use reschange here, in logon / logoff scripts. Works well If you can't do logoff scripts, you could do it at logon anyway then the students could change it to their preferred resolution. The next sutdent to logon resets it to 800x600.


    fooby

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    134
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Resolution Changing for RM

    Quote Originally Posted by fooby
    We use reschange here, in logon / logoff scripts. Works well If you can't do logoff scripts, you could do it at logon anyway then the students could change it to their preferred resolution. The next sutdent to logon resets it to 800x600.


    fooby
    yeah could do, not an ideal solution but a solution non-the-less. I'll keep it on the backburner

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,187
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Resolution Changing for RM

    If your PC uses an Intel motherboard with onboard graphics that is normally possible to bring up a display properties applet using a special key sequence.

    The only problem is that this rife ofr abuse: screen rotation anyone? 4 bit VGA? These kids eh 8O

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    134
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Resolution Changing for RM

    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkGeezer
    If your PC uses an Intel motherboard with onboard graphics that is normally possible to bring up a display properties applet using a special key sequence.

    The only problem is that this rife ofr abuse: screen rotation anyone? 4 bit VGA? These kids eh 8O
    RM hides that icon, and even when you set the option NOT to hide it, it still does! Stupid thing

  8. #8
    Norphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Harpenden
    Posts
    2,262
    Thank Post
    51
    Thanked 276 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    113

    Re: Resolution Changing for RM

    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkGeezer
    If your PC uses an Intel motherboard with onboard graphics that is normally possible to bring up a display properties applet using a special key sequence.

    The only problem is that this rife ofr abuse: screen rotation anyone? 4 bit VGA? These kids eh 8O
    Ah yes, I spent a good happy few hours searching through the registry to remove all of that.

    Good times

  9. #9

    russdev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    6,920
    Thank Post
    708
    Thanked 550 Times in 365 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    204

    Re: Resolution Changing for RM

    Quote Originally Posted by Mintsoft
    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkGeezer
    If your PC uses an Intel motherboard with onboard graphics that is normally possible to bring up a display properties applet using a special key sequence.

    The only problem is that this rife ofr abuse: screen rotation anyone? 4 bit VGA? These kids eh 8O
    RM hides that icon, and even when you set the option NOT to hide it, it still does! Stupid thing
    that is fixed by nice reg entry int ype manager pm if want it..

    As for loggoff scripts you can do loggoff scripts as rm uses logoff vb script you will need to go to gpo and do big of digger can look location up for you if need it..

    russ

  10. #10
    Chafftech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rainham, London
    Posts
    77
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Resolution Changing for RM

    Quote Originally Posted by Mintsoft
    Hey all,
    The only problem seems to be that the NM wants it to set the resolution back to 800x600 when users log back off again. Thanks
    Mint
    We set the resolution to 1024x768 in the workstation build area. Why on earth would he want it to go back to 800x600.
    I would stick to one res or the other. The less logon scripts you have the better as there is less to fault diagnose.

  11. #11
    Chafftech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rainham, London
    Posts
    77
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Resolution Changing for RM

    Quote Originally Posted by Mintsoft
    Hey all,
    The only problem seems to be that the NM wants it to set the resolution back to 800x600 when users log back off again. Thanks
    Mint
    We set the resolution to 1024x768 in the workstation build area. Why on earth would he want it to go back to 800x600.
    I would stick to one res or the other. The less logon scripts you have the better as there is less to fault diagnose.

  12. #12
    u8dmtm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    231
    Thank Post
    7
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Resolution Changing for RM

    I agree, just fix it at 1024*768 (or higher if available).

  13. #13

    Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Fylde, Lancs, UK.
    Posts
    11,803
    Thank Post
    110
    Thanked 583 Times in 504 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    224

    Re: Resolution Changing for RM

    800x600 can break TFT's too.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    134
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Resolution Changing for RM

    Quote Originally Posted by russdev
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintsoft
    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkGeezer
    If your PC uses an Intel motherboard with onboard graphics that is normally possible to bring up a display properties applet using a special key sequence.

    The only problem is that this rife ofr abuse: screen rotation anyone? 4 bit VGA? These kids eh 8O
    RM hides that icon, and even when you set the option NOT to hide it, it still does! Stupid thing
    that is fixed by nice reg entry int ype manager pm if want it..

    As for loggoff scripts you can do loggoff scripts as rm uses logoff vb script you will need to go to gpo and do big of digger can look location up for you if need it..

    russ
    Yeah I'll take both if you can russ *PM's*

    Quote Originally Posted by Chafftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintsoft
    Hey all,
    The only problem seems to be that the NM wants it to set the resolution back to 800x600 when users log back off again. Thanks
    Mint
    We set the resolution to 1024x768 in the workstation build area. Why on earth would he want it to go back to 800x600.
    I would stick to one res or the other. The less logon scripts you have the better as there is less to fault diagnose.
    No idea to be honest, He's quite old etc but he's the boss at the end of the day.

    cheers for the input guys
    Mint

  15. #15
    u8dmtm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    231
    Thank Post
    7
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Resolution Changing for RM

    With RM CC3, if you want users to be able to select the resolution but for it NOT to stick (why?) then just install the correct display drivers so that you have a taskbar icon for it - CC3 won't hide it and users can use it but the settings don't stick either to the machine or user profile after log-off.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. projectors and resolution
    By chrbb in forum Hardware
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 14th April 2013, 12:39 PM
  2. Screen Resolution
    By plock in forum Windows
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17th December 2007, 02:56 PM
  3. Changing screen resolution
    By richard in forum Scripts
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 13th August 2007, 10:13 AM
  4. Launching program in different resolution
    By Furan in forum Windows
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15th November 2006, 03:53 PM
  5. Std Desktop Disply - i.e resolution+size
    By pooley in forum Windows
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23rd November 2005, 03:08 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •