Site Maintenance this evening The site will be offline for hosting changes. Time TBC

+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, SSL Certificate Install yields Data Transfer Interrupted in Technical; Hey everyone, We run a piece of software here that interfaces with our student management software. We use SASI, a ...
    Thank Post

SSL Certificate Install yields Data Transfer Interrupted

Hey everyone,

We run a piece of software here that interfaces with our student management software. We use SASI, a system by Pearson. We also use ParentConnect, a component that allows parents to connect to a website and view information about their students attendance, grades, etc. So what I did, was set up the website and configured it using a self assigned SSL certificate. Worked great, however you all know what happens next. Over 9000 parents phoning the school saying "hey we can't connect to the site we get a message saying it's unsafe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111oneoneone". So being the nice guy I am, instead of asking them all to "continue", I buy an SSL certificate through GoDaddy.com. Once I received the certificate I began installation, however the website now shows Data Transfer Interrupted. The site appends HTTPS to the address, but all I get is Data Transfer Interrupted. Then, I try to go back to the original self assigned certificate, and it does the exact same thing, Data Transfer Interrupted. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Jay

Thank Post
    That sounds more like a networking issue. You could try running a packet sniffer or HTTP inspector to check the requests are being made and responded to. Other than that checking event viewer, logs etc is all i can think of. Don't really know the package you're using.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread