+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Exchange 2003 Recipient Policy? in Technical; Hi, we are runnig Exchange 2003 and the default recipient policy means that email addresses are created as firstname.lastname@domain I ...
    Thank Post

Exchange 2003 Recipient Policy?

Hi, we are runnig Exchange 2003 and the default recipient policy means that email addresses are created as firstname.lastname@domain

I have created a new recipient policy with the intention of getting student email addresses to be username@domain and have set a filter to apply it to all members of the student security group (I think)

when I create a student mailbox it ctreates the address as per the default recipient policy.

Does the filter exclude the group you specify, rather than including the group? Should I be excluding that group on the default recipient policy?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The rule should apply to the recipients specified in the filter. Have you made sure that your new rule sets the username@ format as default and also have you right clicked on the new policy and forced a rebuild and an apply. Also check that the effected users are set in their AD user account properties to use recipient policy to update.

After running the apply you should be able to check in the event log and see if there were any errors. The policies can take some time to apply though especiallily if you have lots of users.

Thank Post
    Hi, thanks for the reply. still didn't seem to be applying. In the end I used ADModify.net to force the correct format.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread