+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, What's an "APEX approved printer" in Technical; The title say's it all really. Today my Google-fu is weak and apparently it's important I come up with an ...

Thank Post

What's an "APEX approved printer"

The title say's it all really.

Today my Google-fu is weak and apparently it's important I come up with an answer...

Thank Post
    More context might be handy....

The only thing I could come up with is this:
    Association of Professional, Executive, Clerical and Computer Staff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

which since it merged with GMB in 1989 seems kind of irrelevent....?

Thank Post
    Sorry.,
    Our accounts manager has been sent an E-mail from our bank. We have just had a new financial package installed at the College and it looks we need to change so a different style of printed cheque.

The first line of the E-mail from the bank says
    "Firstly you need to ensure that you are using an apex approved printer".

having done a bit of research and the best I could find is this but I couldn't find anything specifically realted to printers. I don't even know if this is relevant. Now the office's all have HP laserjet 1505n's and if it's some random cnvention then I'm guessing HP are likely to conform to it, either deliberately or accidently. However I just wanted to be sure as we are talking about issues with our financial system here.

Thank Post
    I seem to recall we were provided with a list of printers that were compatible.
    From what I can remember it was not a very big list either! I'm fairly confident the Brother HL-5170 was on the list [as that's the printer in Finance].
    I can have a look on Monday when I'm back at work if you like?

Thank Post
    This will probably help.

Industry Standards – Why This Is Important To Every Meeting Professional - Corbin Ball Associates

It has been a long, slow birth. Finally, we are beginning to see the fruits of the four years of labor involving more than 2,500 people in 85 discussion groups in 41 cities in the U.S. and Canada. APEX (Accepted Practices Exchange), an ambitious project supported by MPI and spearheaded by the CIC - The Convention Industry Council (Convention Industry Council) has worked to develop accepted practices (voluntary standards) for the meetings industry.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennT View Post
    I seem to recall we were provided with a list of printers that were compatible.
    From what I can remember it was not a very big list either! I'm fairly confident the Brother HL-5170 was on the list [as that's the printer in Finance].
    I can have a look on Monday when I'm back at work if you like?
    If you could that would be great.

P.S. Why are you here on your day off?... At least I'm at work as an excuse!

Thank Post
    [QUOTE=contink;237283]This will probably help.

I sort of found that as I've been on their website. I wasn't able to find anything that told me what printers they approved of.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    I sort of found that as I've been on their website. I wasn't able to find anything that told me what printers they approved of.
    You'll probably find it's one of those things where the printer manufacturers marketing department will make hay about which of their models follow the spec' rather than the APEX overseers compiling a list.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts
    Is it not on about the printing firm that will be making the blank cheques for you rather than how you print onto them? I know that we just used Dot Matrix pritnters at my last place to print them or Laser Printers, nothign fancy, what ever we gave to finance was used. Cheques were still hand signed at both my places, so maybe yours are yours are those fancy self print / signing cheque things?

Thank Post
    As long as the stationary isn't changing dramatically then they will likely be an A4 sheeft, the top 3/4 is largely blank and the bottom is a standard cheque with perferation to remove the cheque. The printers then puts in all the deatils when it's printed and then signed.

Really I'm not sure why it "has" to be an APEX aproved printer, especially when finding out what an APEX aproved printer actually is is quite hard.

Thank Post
    Wait, it's a Finance thing ?

Are you sure it's not APACS - the UK Payments Association APACS ?
    and APACS - APACS Standards
    check the top download, and look for 55 , if you're really bothered, I would just do this APACS approved printers - Google Search google search...

Thank Post
    Well I was quoting the e-mail from the bank though what you have said makes a lot of sense...

I have slightly given up and told our finance department to ask for a list. I'll see what comes back.

Thank Post
    So I got our accounts department to E-mail the bank... a few E-mails go back and forth and eventually one comes back to me about me contacting some random company... reading down the E-mail to understand the whole conversation I notice a sentence that makes me wonder if this hasn't been something of a waste of time...

I feel that the problem is that I was not looking for a "Print Device" to print hte cheques when we wish to pay someone rather a "Company who prints" to actually print the stationary So yes John was correct!

It looks like I may have reached the wrong conclusion when I read the origianl E-mail! Our accounts manager made the same mistake though....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread