+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Windows Thread, Remote Access and IE 7 problems in Technical; I'm having problems laoding the page wehn I try to logon to the work server.. It seem's some Active X ...
  1. #1
    Grommit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Weston-super-Mare
    Posts
    1,335
    Thank Post
    31
    Thanked 54 Times in 31 Posts
    Rep Power
    25

    Remote Access and IE 7 problems

    I'm having problems laoding the page wehn I try to logon to the work server..

    It seem's some Active X client needs to be loaded.. and "activated"

    Now I did a search for RDC clients yet all I seem to find is for making your home XP pc accessable..

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...rdwebconn.mspx

    or

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

  2. #2

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,376
    Thank Post
    906
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    468
    You need to play with the security settings in IE7 and allow something. I did it last year and cant remember which one it was.

    Alternately you could open Remote Desktop Connection and for the server field use you servers public IP or public DNS name, thta would be the easiest option.

  3. #3

    ZeroHour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    5,838
    Thank Post
    974
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 851 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    460
    Tools->Options->Programs tab->Manage Addons should have the list of addons. When you install IE7 it disables a large amount of them by default. I cant remember either exactly which one is the RDC one but you should be able to spot it by name/description possibly.

  4. #4

    Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    9,345
    Thank Post
    242
    Thanked 1,602 Times in 1,278 Posts
    Rep Power
    346
    2003 Server IE7 is really locked down compared to IE7 on XP.

    As already mentioned, you need to take a look at add-ons -

    Tools > Internet Options > Programs > Manage add-ons

    If all else fails, try resetting IE to defaults

    Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset

  5. #5
    Grommit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Weston-super-Mare
    Posts
    1,335
    Thank Post
    31
    Thanked 54 Times in 31 Posts
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    Tools->Options->Programs tab->Manage Addons should have the list of addons. When you install IE7 it disables a large amount of them by default. I cant remember either exactly which one is the RDC one but you should be able to spot it by name/description possibly.
    Thanks and if the RDC is not there how do I install/downlaod it ?

  6. #6

    ZeroHour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    5,838
    Thank Post
    974
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 851 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Grommit View Post
    Thanks and if the RDC is not there how do I install/downlaod it ?
    Your TS server has the actual activex stored on it. Thats what I linked to here. Basically on your IIS server go into add/remove programs to access windows components (not Configure Your Server) then browse down into IIS->WWW Service and then enable Remote Desktop Web Connection.
    This basically installs all the sample code and the cab file to link to in a dir in your default site I think. Just take whats in there as an example and link to the cab on the page serving the RDC web activex.

  7. #7
    Grommit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Weston-super-Mare
    Posts
    1,335
    Thank Post
    31
    Thanked 54 Times in 31 Posts
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    Your TS server has the actual activex stored on it. Thats what I linked to here. Basically on your IIS server go into add/remove programs to access windows components (not Configure Your Server) then browse down into IIS->WWW Service and then enable Remote Desktop Web Connection.
    This basically installs all the sample code and the cab file to link to in a dir in your default site I think. Just take whats in there as an example and link to the cab on the page serving the RDC web activex.
    I am talking about the Teachers Home PC ... where would they find it ?

  8. #8

    ZeroHour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    5,838
    Thank Post
    974
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 851 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Grommit View Post
    I am talking about the Teachers Home PC ... where would they find it ?
    Hmm it wont be installed by default. Are they accessing a page with the activex requirement on it and its not under your schools control?
    I would give you the cab but not sure about MS requirements for copyright but if you want you can search for msrdp.cab. I *think* you can extract the 2 files and right click->install the .inf.



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Remote Access - How?
    By Zoom7000 in forum Wired Networks
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 1st February 2012, 01:43 PM
  2. Remote Access for Staff
    By Grommit in forum Windows
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16th January 2007, 10:09 PM
  3. VNCon - Problems with Remote Installing...
    By Arcolite in forum Educational Software
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24th June 2006, 12:08 AM
  4. Moodle and remote access.
    By eejit in forum Windows
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 5th January 2006, 11:59 AM
  5. Remote Access
    By ajbritton in forum How do you do....it?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 26th September 2005, 01:48 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •