+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Help save toner on HPLJ2600n in Technical; Hi Can anyone help me with our printer. We have just bought it for our computer club. We raised the ...

Thank Post

Help save toner on HPLJ2600n

Hi

Can anyone help me with our printer. We have just bought it for our computer club. We raised the money to buy it by making calanders of our village which was a great sucess. But the problem is we are going through ink way too fast. It's an hp laserjet 2600n.

I have read that somehow you can turn off the page counter. Can anyone help? And where can you buy these cartidges cheap? They are p/n q6000a 123.

Hope you can help

Many thanks
    Matthew
    Last edited by mark; 16th September 2008 at 08:39 PM. Reason: made readable & added sensible title

Thank Post
    Please don't shout, I already have a headache

You should probably turn down the quality of your printing. Open the Printers panel from on the Start menu and locate the printer in question, right-click it and select 'Printing Preferences'. You will find a whole load of options for reducing the quality.

If you're printing calendars though, I'm not surprised you're getting through toner. That's just a fact of life, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by dockingcomputerclub123 View Post
    AND WHERE CAN U BUY THESE CARTIDGES CHEAP THEY ARE Q6000A 123.
    What do you pay at the moment?

3. Thanks to powdarrmonkey from:

dockingcomputerclub123 (17th September 2008)

Thank Post
    you could try this

Save Toner is a software solution that reduces the high cost of laser printing by using algorithms to optimize and reduce the amount of toner used - by up to 50%. Save Toner works with any PCL printer driver. The algorithm does not reduce the performance of either the PC or the printer. When set to 20% toner savings, it is difficult to see the difference between the original printout and the one with the Save Toner algorithm.

Save Toner - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

5. Thanks to imiddleton25 from:

Thank Post
    As a good rule of thumb, the cheaper the printer the more expensive the consumables and they are giving away 2600Ns with a pack of toner. So they are not cheap to run. We have three and they are ok for our use but I wouldn't recommend them for high volume stuff.

7. Thanks to laserblazer from:

Thank Post
    We have 7 or 8 of these printers in our school and its obvious which departments print full colour! But as has been said above for general day to day use these printers are fine.

9. Thanks to Sylv3r from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dockingcomputerclub123 View Post
    But the problem is we are going through ink way too fast. It's an hp laserjet 2600n. And where can you buy these cartidges cheap?
    We get Tinto laser cartridges from Paper Plus for our 2600n. We find them expensive to run, too.

--
    David Hicks

11. Thanks to dhicks from:

Thank Post

thanks

hi everyone thanks for all your help have been flying about the web tonight looking for a solution and have foun one i hope in the printer settings u can turn off the page counter on the cartridges. because even if u print a blank page it counts that wat a con hp got there i have always had and recomended hp printers they havve all been gr8 on ink and gone on forever but am dissapointed with the hp 2600n. just hope i can keep it going ok for our club. has anyone tryed refilling them carts ? can you? where the best place to buy carts? can u sell the emptys ? lot of q's for u but as i say we are a small club that i run and we have to raise the money to buy stuff we got 16 ancient laptops and the printer networked and on broard band. all good fun lol
    thanks again for all your help
    matt

Thank Post
    hi we pay between 40 to 60 squid for the carts geniune hp i get them from where ever i see them cheapest usually ebay thanks

Thank Post
    We use genuine HP in the Admin printer but compatibles in the curriculum ones. We've got them from a company in Taunton but I can't remember its name offhand. Had several that were no good, one spilled magenta toner everywhere! They do replace duff ones pretty quickly though. We pay around the £40 mark for HP and £32 for the lookalikes.

One of the ways we cut costs is that I nag like hell if I see any waste. The teachers now ask me if they can print in colour. One year are creating Mondrians at present and I was even asked if they could print those in colour
    Last edited by laserblazer; 17th September 2008 at 07:40 AM.

15. Thanks to laserblazer from:

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information