+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, RIPRep in Technical; Ok... I like RIS but this is p*****g me off! I have a RIS image that automagically installs Windows and ...

Thank Post

RIPRep

Ok... I like RIS but this is p*****g me off!

I have a RIS image that automagically installs Windows and it works great installing my base image onto a HP nx6110 laptop.

I installed said base image and added all the extra gubbins and used RIPREP to take an image. All well so far...

I get another nx6110 and boot RIS, selecting the necessary image, but no matter what I do to the NIC drivers it says that the drivers do not exist!

I've even copied all the files from the base RIS image (the one I mentioned above) into the RIPREP image and taken all the full stops out of the inf files!

Thank Post

Re: RIPRep

Drop the driver files in the root of i386 folder of you flat image,

the restart the RIS service

net stop binlsvc
    net start binlsvc

Thank Post

What NIC is it? if its a pro100/1000 or a broadcom you need a special inf file

Thank Post

Hello all,

We are having the same problem with our nx6110's - we have just bought a batch of 50 and can not get them to RIS at all?! 8O

They have a Broadcom NIC, has any one found a solution to this? What is the special inf file mentioned above?

Thanks for any help....

Thank Post

I don't know if this is any good to you. It's from the Broadcom site.
    96.) The following message is received when attempting to deploy a RIPREP image through Remote Installation Services (RIS): "The operating system image you selected does not contain the necessary drivers for your network adapter. Try selecting a different operating system image. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit."

This problem is not isolated to the Broadcom adapter. However, based on several inquiries, we are publishing the following instructions based on other customers successfully working around this issue:

Place the Broadcom driver files in the original image folder (the image folder created when risetup.exe was executed for the first time).
    Example: i:\RemoteInstall\Setup\English\Images\(Original Image)
    Place the Broadcom driver files in the i386 subfolder under the original image folder
    Example: i:\RemoteInstall\Setup\English\Images\(Original Image)\i386
    Place the Broadcom driver files for the network adapter in the RIPREP Image folder.
    Example: i:\RemoteInstall\Setup\English\Images\(RIPREP Image)
    Place the Broadcom adapter drivers in the i386 subfolder where the RIPREP Image is located.
    Example: i:\RemoteInstall\Setup\English\Images\(RIPREP Image)\i386

The Microsoft Knowledge base articles listed below were used as a reference for the following instructions:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;254078
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;246184

Create the following path and place all Broadcom driver files in ..\(RIPREP Image)\$oem$\$1\Drivers\network
    Edit the riprep.sif file located in ..\(RIPREP Image)\i386\Template to include the following information under the [Unattend] section:
    OemPreinstall = yes
    OemPnPDriversPath = "Drivers\network"
    DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore
    Create the following path and place all Broadcom driver files in ..\(Original Image)\$oem$\$1\Drivers\nic
    Edit the ristndrd.sif file located in ..\(Original Image)\i386\templates to include the following information under the [Unattend] section:
    OemPreinstall = yes
    OemPnPDriversPath = "Drivers\nic"
    DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore
    Restart the Remote Installation service. This can be performed from a command line with the following commands:
    net stop binlsvc
    net start binlsvc

Thank Post

Thanks for the reply, but looked into that and it all seems to be fine. I tried the RIS again this morning, but it is still giving the same error.

I am starting to get worried now having 50 of these laptops to do! Any other ideas greatly appreciated.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread