+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, NOD32 3.0 LAN Update server in Technical; We currently have NOD32 2.7 running on our clients and checking into the new ESET Version 2 console we upgraded ...
    Thank Post

NOD32 3.0 LAN Update server

We currently have NOD32 2.7 running on our clients and checking into the new ESET Version 2 console we upgraded to this as V3.0 clients wouldn't appear in the old console. The problem that i'm having is that we are still using the 2.7 LAN Update server for the local update mirror and this doesn't seem to download updates for version 3 clients. I've lookes on the ESET website but can't seem to locate a version 3 LAN update server, is anyone using it or knows of a way to make the mirror download the version 3 AV updates?

Cheers.

EDIT

I'm looking through the new V2 admin guide and i think the update mirror is now handled by the admin console rather than a LAN update version of the AV client like in V2.
    Last edited by cookie_monster; 9th September 2008 at 11:54 AM.

Thank Post
    Hmm well the new console does indeed have a way of creating a mirror so the LAN update server 'shouldn't' be required 'BUT' even though i've checked the 'Download version 2 updates' it doesn't, it created a nod32v2 folder but doesn't ever download updates but the V3 updates arrive as expected.

So at the moment i have the LAN update server running to download the V2 updates and the console is downloading the V3 updates for the new clients. It's a bit of a pain but hopefully only necessary until we're fully moved over to Version 3.
    Last edited by cookie_monster; 10th September 2008 at 10:04 AM.

Thank Post
    Why are you using the LAN update and not the full 'server' part?

If you download the NOD32 server package and the remote administrator console, you can remotely manage/update/install all clients, v2 or v3.
    Last edited by boomam; 10th September 2008 at 01:02 PM.

Thank Post
    I have the full Version 2 remote administrator console and i can manage version 2 and 3 clients but the console won't download updates to the mirror for version 2 clients only for version 3 clients.

Thank Post
    Do the version 2 clients have proxies enabled on them?

Thank Post
    Seriously unimpressed with v3, 2.7 was fine, no issues at all.

3 can't be fully managed from config, has no way to store a config with the update files, uses too much cpu with advanced heuristics turned on. It also seems to kill my afp server on windows, even with real time scanning disabled.

I'll probably dump it in June when renewal comes up, a shame as I really did like it but they've done badly with the latest version.

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcCoy View Post
    Seriously unimpressed with v3, 2.7 was fine, no issues at all.

3 can't be fully managed from config, has no way to store a config with the update files, uses too much cpu with advanced heuristics turned on. It also seems to kill my afp server on windows, even with real time scanning disabled.

I'll probably dump it in June when renewal comes up, a shame as I really did like it but they've done badly with the latest version.
    Have you communicated this to their support people? I used to be a reseller for NOD32, and found their support to be top notch on the rare occasion I required it. I use V3 on our home network (workgroup, not domain) and have found no issues at all.

Thank Post
    @ boomam, they don't have proxies set as they update from a local intranet server not the internet.

@ DMcCoy, i've not had any issue managing V3 clients but it does seem a bit heavy, i've only got it on a few clients and the Citrix boxes at the moment so i'll see how i get on with it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread