+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Windows Thread, Digital Signage systems in Technical; Try Sedao. Sedao - Software that Gives Screens Real Impact We have installed it in several schools & they love ...

Thank Post
    Try Sedao. Sedao - Software that Gives Screens Real Impact

We have installed it in several schools & they love it!

PM me if you want a quote.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmount View Post
    Onelan for us too.. slightly disappointed they've released a new version of the software so soon after our purchase and require the box back to do the job ..
    Quote Originally Posted by chriswood View Post
    Hi, we tried to get V6 onto 115's and 125's but the software is so feature rich we just couldn't manage it.
    Three or four months after we bought the OneLan we had an email to tell us the new software was available but wouldn't work on our box. I assume they knew this would be the case when they sold it to us so I'm really, really miffed. I also recall being told when we had the demo that we qualify for all software updates - they just forgot to mention that the next release would screw us over.

As I recall it would cost c £600 to update the hardware/software.

Don't get me wrong, the Onelan system is very good but to have it rendered effectively obsolete so soon after purchase is very disappointing.

HBJB

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    I know this has been asked before but it has never actually been answered very well, mainly just one word answers, so here goes...

Has anyone seen any good windows or web based software for digital signage? It needs to be really easy to use; drag and drop or in the case of web based, something like you pop your pics and text in a folder and the webpage does the rest.

Ive seen Infojection mentioned a load of times but their website is rather cyptic on what it actually does and how it works, do you have to pay for the main system or what?

Any help :beer:

BTW we already have the screens and pcs, we just need some software, as the 3M software we were mis-sold is a complete waste of space.

If all else fails i might have to carry on with my webpage based system but im no web designer so figuring out how to make pics, video and text interchangable is abit of a challenge.
    you can do this with mybusinesstv.co.uk
    heres a link you can try
    Corporate Digital Signage: Top 5 Suggestions when taking on a digital signage system - part1
    but let me know and I will set up a demo for you. I'm not charging for this module.
    regards
    Mark

01732 80 80 67

Thank Post
    we use Omnivex Director to control our digital signage. Windows based. Very easy to use. We'll be buying more PCs/plasma screens to extend the reach around the school during this year. Thinking about extending it into our feeder primary schools.

We use some of the photos we edit on this system to control the photos displayed on the PC screensavers and on network connected photo frames.

Thank Post
    Are there any digital signage systems around that can correct a distorted projector image, i.e. apply a projective transform to the image to be shown so that the image has straight edges? I was wondering this the other day as I was setting up a projector to point at the 45-degree sloping ceiling in the lobby of our new building. It would have been more convenient to have the projector well off to one side and to be able to correct "keystone" both horizontally and vertically from software - projectors, for some reason, only let you compensate for vertical "keystone". Anyone know why this is, or of any software that can fix this?

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,117 Posts
    Blog Entries
    More expensive projectors will allow you to do more. The alternatives are mounting the projector at 90 degrees to normal and doing it that way (use rotation on the client machine if the projector can't do it)

Thank Post

Digital signage

Hi

Please look at our system. onelan.co.uk. We have an account manager based in Teeside who can come in and demonstrate the system to you. Onelan is a linux based solution with a very simple web based interface and at first glance does everything you have mentioned. There are no further costs once you have purchased it with regards to software updates and licensing. We have over 5000 systems in the field and a large amount of those have been supplied to the education sector.

Please let me know if you are interested in organising the demonstration by contacting our office and asking for Chris Wood.

Thank Post
    Hi

Please look at our system. onelan.co.uk. We have an account manager based in Teeside who can come in and demonstrate the system to you. Onelan is a linux based solution with a very simple web based interface and at first glance does everything you have mentioned. There are no further costs once you have purchased it with regards to software updates and licensing. We have over 5000 systems in the field and a large amount of those have been supplied to the education sector.

Please let me know if you are interested in organising the demonstration by contacting our office and asking for Chris Wood.
    Do you sell the software seperately? We have the hardware already and there is no chance in shelling out for replacements.

Thank Post

Digital Signage

Started off using Freeway from Cameron Communications (Glasgow) fairly easy to use though did crash periodically. Added Sedao with a SWEP maxi running Imgeflyer software, this has real impact and I can load slides over the network it being Sedao Web Enabled Player (SWEP).

You can download Imflyer demo from Sedao.

Thank Post
    Please look at our system. onelan.co.uk.
    The website seems to lack prices. How much do the systems cost? Can the OneLan system apply a projective transform to an output screen to adjust for distortion?

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    More expensive projectors will allow you to do more. The alternatives are mounting the projector at 90 degrees to normal and doing it that way (use rotation on the client machine if the projector can't do it)
    Our projectors already cost £600 each, and we aren't getting any more new ones soon! The problem was that projected screen was distorted into a trapezium. Looks easy enough to sort out in software, just got to find some that can. Or, I see an ActionScript library that would do it...

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dhicks View Post
    Are there any digital signage systems around that can correct a distorted projector image, i.e. apply a projective transform to the image to be shown so that the image has straight edges? I was wondering this the other day as I was setting up a projector to point at the 45-degree sloping ceiling in the lobby of our new building. It would have been more convenient to have the projector well off to one side and to be able to correct "keystone" both horizontally and vertically from software - projectors, for some reason, only let you compensate for vertical "keystone". Anyone know why this is, or of any software that can fix this?

--
    David Hicks
    might be a daft midnight thought but if you can figure out a way to mount the projector the right way round and not upside down as per usual ceiling mount the keystone would be the right way round?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    might be a daft midnight thought but if you can figure out a way to mount the projector the right way round and not upside down as per usual ceiling mount the keystone would be the right way round?
    Nope - the projector in question was being pointed at a ceiling that slopes at a 45 degree angle, and the projector was off-centre as well (couldn't place the projector cabinet in the middle of the corridor!). The projected screen was distorted into an irregular trapezium shape. It needs some kind of projective transform applied to the image to correct for that distortion.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Offer both a free (limited version) or a subscription based one. Depends on your needs - have a look.

MyAdTV Digital Signage Software-Sign Up For a Free Account MPSV3

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nadeem View Post
    A suggestion I've seen on here (And which I'm intending to try is basically using Powerpoint together with (free) Showpoint (PresentationPoint | ShowPoint control remotely) and LiveWeb (LiveWeb - insert and update web pages real-time in PowerPoint)
    For those who are already using this technique, what kit are you using for the transmitter/receivers. I've got prices for the AVE 300 system, the ATP-VA39 , but have no experience of any of this stuff.

Any recommendations good or bad?

TIA

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast