+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Creating RIS images with Stone PC's or Core 2 Duo CPU in Technical; Ihave a batch of Stone Computers which are Core 2 Duo CPU. I have created and image for these from ...
    Thank Post

Creating RIS images with Stone PC's or Core 2 Duo CPU

Ihave a batch of Stone Computers which are Core 2 Duo CPU. I have created and image for these from scratch XP SP3 and installed the relevant software. I sen the image back across and when i pull it back down it appears to come over but on reboot the pc just sits at the windows screen. I have tried several times but with no luck. I know someone who has also had the problem with their Core 2 Duo laptops as well.

Now i have some Toshiba Core 2 Duo laptops and i add the storage drives in the sif file and all is well but if i try this on the Stone PC's its still no good.
    Its not an obscure Mobo its Intel. Could anyone shed any light on this or if i need to do anything special when imaging Core 2 Duo PC's

Thank Post
    Do you mean the screen thats blue and says Windows is preparing setup with lots of dots...................................... and the dots just keep going for ever as it stays on that screen for ever.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................................ if so, i had it too , i gave up, and moved to WDS, and WDS does not have this issue.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,602 Times in 1,278 Posts
    but on reboot the pc just sits at the windows screen.
    Could you be more specific, which Windows screen?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    does setup start, or does ris stop before the copy files section?

We had problems with a old version of a realtek nic driver crashing some intel chipset based core duo systems........

Please be specific as to where its stopping.

Robk

Thank Post
    it reboots, goes to the XP Logo where the blue bar flashes across the bottom and then stops.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Kyle it reboots, goes to the XP Logo where the blue bar flashes across the bottom and then stops.
    Right, so it gets through most of the setup and then bombs out.

Not the problem I was hitting.

Have you tried building a fresh ris image from the xp cd, and adding the drivers one by one? Time consuming, but the only way we fixed our issue.

The other suggestion would be have you asked Stone? I understood they had a pritty good tech support dept.

RobK

Thank Post
    When you say you've bought a 'batch' of machines, how many machines and how many have you tried deploying the image to? Generally speaking any good supplier should provide all machines with exactly the same hardware. I'm referring to the motherboard more than anything.

The computer sounds like it's POSTing ok and proceeds to load Windows. Failure at this point is typically drivers or indeed hardware failure, typically RAM, despite the fact the computer POSTs successfully.

After the computer POSTs, by pressing F8 can you get into Safe Mode? Does Safe Mode load or not? If this fails, reboot the machine and again press F8. Choose the option "Disable automatic restart on system failure". If the computer freezes and blue screens it allows you to read the error instead of Windows automatically rebooting. This could prove useful if the problem is hardware related.

Thank Post
    After the computer POSTs, by pressing F8 can you get into Safe Mode? Does Safe Mode load or not? If this fails, reboot the machine and again press F8. Choose the option "Disable automatic restart on system failure". If the computer freezes and blue screens it allows you to read the error instead of Windows automatically rebooting. This could prove useful if the problem is hardware related.
    Tried this, even with restart disabled i do not see any thing. I cannot load into safe mode either.

Thank Post
    Tried this, even with restart disabled i do not see any thing. I cannot load into safe mode either.
    The machine you installed Windows and took the original image from, I presume it still works ok? If so, I would try taking the image again.

Thank Post
    We've tried doing that twice.

Thank Post
    I can only come to the conclusion the hardware might be different. Can you open both the original system (you're imaging from) and the system you're imaging to and confirm you're using the same motherboard?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread