+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, PolicyMaker in Technical; Has anyone tried this before? PolicyMaker™ Registry Extension Im not all that keen to create adm's so this could be ...
    Thank Post

PolicyMaker

Has anyone tried this before?

PolicyMaker™ Registry Extension

Im not all that keen to create adm's so this could be a good alternative but i dont know if its any good.

Thank Post

Re: PolicyMaker

Quote Originally Posted by apeo

Just played with it on Virtual PC system, about to trial on a couple of machines at school, if OK then go site wide. It sound like a perfect solution for all sorts of configuration options, no need for scripts doing regedit or custom MSIs just to set reg values. Only snag I've noticed is that you can't (AFAICT) select a whole reg key and subkeys for deployment (each value needs to be ticked by hand).

Tim

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by apeo

Im not all that keen to create adm's so this could be a good alternative but i dont know if its any good.
    I've been using it for a year or so. It's on the essential software list on the wiki. I use it in addition to .ADM files, to 'fill in the gaps' when I don't have time or can't be bothered to author a custom .ADM. It's easy to use and easy to roll out the extension (MSI based installer) to workstations.

It claims to integrate fully into GPMC, but I have had difficulty with GPMC backup/restore procedures, so as always, the adivse is to test thoroughly before using in a production environment.

Thank Post

Thanks for the replies, pretty much what i found but i just need to do more testing before i start using it in a live environment. Now to find time to do more testing.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information