+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Configuring Blackberry email in Technical; Help has anyone have any good documentaion on Configuring Blackberry email without blackberry server on Exchange??? i have been ask ...

Thank Post

Configuring Blackberry email

Help has anyone have any good documentaion on Configuring Blackberry email without blackberry server on Exchange??? i have been ask by the head of IT he wants this done asap for all SMT, not sure where to start as i dont have a blackberry phone myself so i can not test this!!! and the idiot (Head of IT) does not want me to test it on his phone FFS....here we go!!!

Thank Post
    BTW using Exchange 2003 will migrate over to Exchange 2007 soon

Thank Post
    Does this help?

you should be able to set the blackberry internet service to pick up mail from pop3 or imap and it will check for new mail at 15min intervals. If you want to synchronise the calendar etc. then i'm afraid you'll have to use the blackberry enterprise server.

Incidentally, blackberry do a free 'starter' version including 1 free user CAL with a 30 user limit. This was ideal for us as we only had 7 blackberries so we only had to purchase a further 6 CALs.
    Last edited by riedquat; 16th August 2008 at 02:29 PM.

4. Thanks to riedquat from:

DaveP (17th August 2008)

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 870 Posts
    Blog Entries

POP3 IMAP And Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by riedquat View Post
    ... you should be able to set the blackberry internet service to pick up mail from pop3 or imap...
    I have a question here: Does Exchange have POP3 and/or IMAP configured on [setup and running] by default? I ask because we have recently moved to Exchange [although I was not really involved in the process] I would like to know if it would be possible to automatically pick up all my E-Mail in Googlemail the way I used to when we were using RMEasyMail. If POP3 or IMAP are indeed enabled on our Exchange server how would I find out what the seetings are I need for Googlemail to pick up all of my E-Mail from the school server?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Thank Post
    As far as I know with Exchange 2003, pop3 and imap are installed but not enabled by default. I believe that it is just a case of enabling the pop3 or imap services in the services.msc

Once that is done you should be able to conect using the dns name of your server and your account name/password.
    Of course you will also have to ensure that port 110(pop3) or port 143(imap) respectively are allowed through any firewalls.
    Last edited by riedquat; 16th August 2008 at 04:54 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,666 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    I have a question here: Does Exchange have POP3 and/or IMAP configured on [setup and running] by default? I ask because we have recently moved to Exchange [although I was not really involved in the process] I would like to know if it would be possible to automatically pick up all my E-Mail in Googlemail the way I used to when we were using RMEasyMail. If POP3 or IMAP are indeed enabled on our Exchange server how would I find out what the seetings are I need for Googlemail to pick up all of my E-Mail from the school server?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    They are not enabled by default but are easy enough to enable in exchange. You would need to make sure that port 110 (pop3) or 143 (imap) are fowarded to your email server from the internet like port 25 would currently be for the exchange servers smtp traffic.

If you want to know what your mail server is currently set up to call itslef online use this command at the command prompt of any internet connected PC:
    Code:
    nslookup -querytype=MX [your email domain, ie. hotmail.com]

8. Thanks to SYNACK from:

DaveP (17th August 2008)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread