+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Migrate Ghost Suite to new server in Technical; We are moving Ghost Suite onto a new server and are struggling to find any documentation about how to move ...
    Thank Post

Migrate Ghost Suite to new server

We are moving Ghost Suite onto a new server and are struggling to find any documentation about how to move over the licenses and register the serial number. Does anyone have any experiance of this?

Thank Post
    I've had to do this a couple of times, unfortunately I didn't manage to find a way to migrate the configuration, I just ended up making notes and taking screenshots so I could replicate it myself once I'd reinstalled it.

The only useful thing that I can tell you about is the licences. You will have a serial number which can be used to create a registration file (somewhere on the Help menu if memory serves), once you have the file which is saved into the Ghost directory (usually under program files) you have to email off to Symantec. You then receive an automated response which has an activation code. You then put this activation code into the relevant box in the Console and bobs your uncle!

You should be able to find further information on the activation procedure in the help file.

Hope this helps.

Thank Post
    It all depends on the version you're using. Ghost Solution Suite 2 and later use Symantec's online licence manager thing, which (so long as you're registered - or have access to your licence details) makes life really easy; just install and download the activation file from the site.

If you're running Solution Suite 1.x or the older Ghost Corporate Edition (7.5 etc.) then you'll need to fiddle around with some files.

If you need to keep as much of the config as possible from the old server, then whatever version you use you'll need to export some files.

More info is available on Symantec's support site here (for Ghost Solution Suite 2.x) and here for 1.x and the older Corporate Editions.

Stephen

Thank Post
    Wondering if anyone has managed to get a migration from 2k3 to 2k8

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread