+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Group Policy Error 0xd. data is invalid event id 1202 in Technical; Hello, I hope someone can help me with this as this is the last machine on my network that i ...

Thank Post

Group Policy Error 0xd. data is invalid event id 1202

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with this as this is the last machine on my network that i need to set up and get group policies assigning to.

I have looked on the MS site but the 0xd error isn't listed. The full error i get is:

Security policies were propagated with warning.
    0xd : The data is invalid.
    I have configured the GPOs and created different OUs for the machines to go into. The GPOs have been linked to the GPOs. And the one in question (the admin one of all things) has the same GPOs linked to it as the classroom machines GPO. As these have already pulled the GPO permissions from the AD it suggests that there is nothing wrong with the GPO settings.

What could be causing this problem?

I have already tried the folloing commands from a site:

Code:
    esentutl /p %windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb
    followed by the gpupdate /force. The post says to check to make sure that the SceCLi policies are applied successfully in the event viewer but they aren't.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    the last machine on my network that i need to set up and get group policies assigning to
    I found it a little difficult to understand how your GPOs have been setup, however the fact you have other machines which are picking up GPOs successfully; I'd be inclined to say your setup is most probably fine and the problem does appear to be just the last workstation.

The error would point to a possible file corruption and/or network connectivity issue downloading and processing policies. Have you tried running Scandisk just to be sure? In an ideal situation re-imaging the workstation would be the quickest solution.

Thank Post
    Sorry, i should have updated this thread earlier today.

I have managed to sort the problem out. It ended up being a file permission that i had set up to allow normal users to update Sims. It was strange though as the classroom machines that also have this GPO linked to them had no issues with it.

I did find something useful though. I'm not sure if you know or not but i didn't. If you have an issue with a GPO and run RSOP on the client machines. You can right-click on the Computer/User configuration and it will list the errors in the event logs. But also if you drill down through the settings themselves, if you come across the one thats failing, it has a red X on it and points you to a log file to check. In my case it was the winlogon.log file.

Thanks for replying though.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread