+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, SAGE 50?! in Technical; We run a Sage class and this is the first time I am trying to install the software as the ...

Thank Post

SAGE 50?!

We run a Sage class and this is the first time I am trying to install the software as the previous technician used to do it.

I've installed the 2008 version, but then it asks me to make a new company which I don't really want to do as the machines will be Deep Freezed, and I need to find out how to tell it my serial and activation code so it doesn't keep looping into a 60 day trial mode!

Any ideas?!

Thank Post
    Although the Sage helpline isn't free, it is pretty good, so it's usually worth giving them a tinkle. I've had some fun and games getting Sage Payroll to do what I wanted it to in the past and they've usually got me back on track.

Thank Post
    Got the same job to do soon not looking forward to it. Sage is a right pain and the tech support were no help to me as they want to you pay for an extra support contract

They mentioned about doing a backup then restore to each machine to set up the company info, dunno if it'll work?

Thank Post
    If you know the path to your data files you can just edit the company.dat file in your sage program directory to point that location. As already mentioned if in doubt give sage a call.

Thank Post
    From watching the file activity with filemon we can prob get away with copying the company data from program files... however there's a bigger problem... it wants admin rights to run the initial data select screen

Thank Post
    OK - Previous tech helped me get a better activation key which seemed to do the trick after setting up a basic dummy company.

Is there any way to change the default save location from Docs and Settings > All users? The machines are going to be frozen and the people using the package might not all work out they need to save on their H:\ network drive...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread