+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Default Printer Everywhere in Technical; Hi, Have an annoying issue here where whenever a machine is joined to the domain, it automatically gets a Ricoh ...

Thank Post

Default Printer Everywhere

Hi,
    Have an annoying issue here where whenever a machine is joined to the domain, it automatically gets a Ricoh photocopier as the default printer. When you then add a printer and set it as default, when you logon as a different user the photocopier is still the default.
    The guy before me created a dodgy default profile and i recon it could be picking it up from there. I'm going round this summer deleting all the profiles as i've made a new default user. Do we think that could be the problem?
    Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yep looks like it will be the default profile.A nother thing it could be is a printer logon script or the printer is deployed using the Server 2003 R2 tools.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    When you say "going round and deleting all the default profiles" that sounds like a lot of work and that (to me!) says "must be a better way" :-)

Do you know that if you put a profile folder called "default user" in the netlogon share of your server then that will be the profile used by any domain user who doesn't have a profile configured (even if there is already a default profile on the local machine)

If the problem is in the default profile then just make sure you get that profile right and users on new machines will pick up that profile.

Thank Post
    Hi guys,

Yeah, we had a problem with the name for My Documents in desktop.ini so going round deleting the profiles as i've made a new default profile. Thats in the netlogon folder but obviously won't be picked up for users who have logged onto a pc before.
    Where in the default profile is printer settings? Or do i have to create a new profile without it in?
    If i used the 2003server R2 tools to deploy a printer, will that make it default or will the photocopier still take over? (if i don't delete the profile)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread