+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Photostory 3 won't save project in Technical; ...
    Thank Post

Photostory 3 won't save project

Hi,

I am currently trying to get Microsoft Photo Story working for students to use for a computing subject but am having problems. It installs fine but when students have been using it and tried to save the project nothing happens (and I mean nothing at all - it's like that there is no code for the button). Even under my login (full admin privileges) nothing happens. It seems to work when logged in locally to the machine so I assume the problem lies somewhere in the network setting but I donít know where to start looking.

The only suggestion I had was to make the program directory on c: with full access permission for local users but that didn't seem to make a difference. It have installed it on different machines at home and even re-downloaded the software just in case I had a dud install file but to no avail.

If anyone has any other suggestions to try please let me know as I am totally out of ideas!

Thanks Rowan

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Did you ever resolve this one?

I ask as post updates today to our 64bit W7 clients our students have been unable to open any previously saved projects in it. Staff accounts don't seem to be affected. The work saves in the Student's home directory and they have full permissions over it - so it shouldn't be a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by actech View Post
    Hi,

I am currently trying to get Microsoft Photo Story working for students to use for a computing subject but am having problems. It installs fine but when students have been using it and tried to save the project nothing happens (and I mean nothing at all - it's like that there is no code for the button). Even under my login (full admin privileges) nothing happens. It seems to work when logged in locally to the machine so I assume the problem lies somewhere in the network setting but I donít know where to start looking.

The only suggestion I had was to make the program directory on c: with full access permission for local users but that didn't seem to make a difference. It have installed it on different machines at home and even re-downloaded the software just in case I had a dud install file but to no avail.

If anyone has any other suggestions to try please let me know as I am totally out of ideas!

Thanks Rowan

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread