+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, File Access Permissions.... in Technical; ok, recent situation, when trying to access a remote machine's files I got it, list the files, but when trying ...
    Thank Post

File Access Permissions....

ok, recent situation, when trying to access a remote machine's files I got it, list the files, but when trying to open it, I get "access denied" this behavior is recent, and cannot figure it out neither my manager, I can access server drives with no problem, it is only the workstations, I am part of the domain admins groups, the domain admins group is also part of the local administrators within the workstations, I am not sure if it could be a group policy setting preventing full access to files, even using the admin account, but when I log in to a workstation using my same domain account I got all rights as normal. I am really confused, any help would be apreciated, the NM suggested it could be something with simsperms.bat, but as I said, this problem is recent. and we were using simsperms.bat even before.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,747 Times in 2,321 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You could try looking at the problematic files properties and clicking the Advanced button under the Security Tab. Then click on the Effective Permissions Tab and enter in your username into the box provided. This should show you the exact permissions that you have currently which may help in tracking the issue down.

Thank Post
    I did that, result?? every single box is ticked, so I got all the permissions, yet still cannot open files, any file.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,747 Times in 2,321 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How up to date is your management station, it could be that nasty windows forigin file protection thing. It is supposed to bring up a box asking if you really want to open the file from an untrusted source but sometimes it does not and just kills the open command.

I got around this once by going into the file properties and finding the file protection button (can't remember exact name or tab) and setting that to allow the file. This was on 2k3 server though but I think that XP SP3 and a fully patched SP2 also do the same thing.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread