+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Problem with HP2600n Laserjet not printing in Technical; I know this topic has been covered before but mine is slightly different. I have a HP2600 installed on our ...
    Thank Post

Problem with HP2600n Laserjet not printing

I know this topic has been covered before but mine is slightly different. I have a HP2600 installed on our print server (one of 5) and it is mapped out via script to 10 admin based users for occasional print. Problem is when they come to print it does not, the job appears to go through but nothing prints out. If i connect directly to the printer on the print server and send a test job it prints fine so i know there is no problem with the actual print server.

Problem i have is when a user goes to print nothing happens. But remote the PC through compmgmt and restart the spooler manually it works perfectly after that. It is if the spooler has gone to sleep but the locally attached printers still work.

doing my head in...................!

Thank Post
    Also having the same problem, I can print from the Web Interface - but any job sent to the printer will just fail.

It's been doing my head in all day!! AARGH

I find a resolution to the problem, i'll post here - please do likewise.

Michael

Thank Post
    Would you like to post

How you've got the printer connected - e.g via network or plugged into server via USB

How you installed the printer on the server (via cd/manual - did you disable bi-directional/use standard tcp/ip port). (Have you read the wiki on this printer)

Is the problem from several applications (e.g Word and SIMS) or just SIMS.

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    I'm trying to create the printer on a Windows 2003 Server, Standard TCP/IP port but it keeps telling me that it cant find the Jetdirect port.. Weird thing is, that i can access it throught the web interface.

Also starting to get the same problem with a HP P2015....

Michael

P.s Sorry for Hijacking the thread - but no point making a similar one.

hss

Thank Post
    Hi,

I had a similar problem as yours, where the printer has showing online and active, but could not print. But could print from server.

What i did was, i installed the printer using the windows add printer feature instead of the hp cd. This worked for me, hope this helps.

Thanks

H

Thank Post
    @linkazoid
    I don't think we've seen your particular problem before and I think it needs a new thread

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    It will be to do with the Bidirectional Support. The HP2600n is a strange beast, because as you say, printing a test page or printing from the web interface always works fine irrelevant if Bidirectional Support is enabled or disabled.

What's happening is the job is being sent over your TCP/IP port, but because Bidirectional Support is not enabled the job gets stuck or becomes paused. The HP2600n's are host based, so rely on the print server (where you shared the printer) to do the job processing. It essentially does this in chunks, which is why Bidirectional Support must be enabled, to allow communication in both directions.

Thank Post
    but because Bidirectional Support is not enabled the job gets stuck or becomes paused. The HP2600n's are host based, so rely on the print server (where you shared the printer) to do the job processing. It essentially does this in chunks, which is why Bidirectional Support must be enabled, to allow communication in both directions.
    Either your 2600Ns are not the same as our 2600Ns or you've got several typos in your post

All previous advice is to setup printer on server via a standard TCP/IP port,disable Bi-diirectional printing and then share the printer.

Client workstations connect via the share.

The printer generally works OK then

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    I'm pretty sure there is a new firmware for this on the HP Site. Download the firmware and drivers.

Update the firmware and then re-install the drivers. Ensure to use PCL-6 drivers.

Don't forget to switch the unit off and then turn it back on again after successfully updating the firmware.

Hope it helps!

Cheers!

Thank Post
    Either your 2600Ns are not the same as our 2600Ns or you've got several typos in your post
    What do you mean?

Thank Post
    I use this printer at several sites so I'm very familiar with it. I have written about it previously and it helped quite a few people.

If you don't disable Bidirectional Support you're guaranteed problems. What Kyle is describing I have experienced first hand.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread