+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Internet Explorer Print Options in Technical; Hi all, So i come across an issue that i cant seem to find anything about on google. Basically we ...

Thank Post

Internet Explorer Print Options

Hi all,

So i come across an issue that i cant seem to find anything about on google. Basically we cant print a webpage with frames out onto 1 page, they come out each on their own sheet of paper.

The options for "print as laid out on screen" are greyed out, even for me as a domain admin.

Anyone know where in group policy this may be? Sounds like it might be a default domain policy set somewhere but i cant see for looking.

Cheers

Thank Post
    I always thought that without highlighting and printing "Selection" that IE will by default print each frame onto a separate page.

Try diagnose the problem further, do you have Firefox, or Safari anywhere at hand. Try the same feature in a different browser to isolate the problem a bit further.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...ns/shrunk.mspx

Printing framed pages
    Web sites sometimes use Frames to display content. Frames are a way to display multiple Web pages in the one window by dividing that one browser window into multiple sections, and then displaying different pages in each of those sections.
    My old Web site, http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/index.htm, is a simple demonstration of Frames. By clicking on any menu option in the left pane, we can change the displayed content in the right pane.
    Pages that use Frames have two unique printing options, printing Only the selected frame and to print All frames individually. By selecting Only the selected frame, Internet Explorer 7 will automatically resize the content of that one frame to fit perfectly onto your page.
    Last edited by ahuxham; 12th June 2008 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Added link to MS Article

3. Thanks to ahuxham from:

mcloum (29th June 2008)

Thank Post
    Agh ok it does seem to be the default option, if i preview the page first then i can select ladi out as on screen. Cheers

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread