+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, APC Powerchute - Insufficient runtime error in Technical; Does anyone know of a way to disable the Insufficient runtime message which keeps popping up so often. Thanks in ...

Thank Post

APC Powerchute - Insufficient runtime error

Does anyone know of a way to disable the Insufficient runtime message which keeps popping up so often.

Thanks in advance
    Andy

Thank Post
    Reduce the load on your UPS. Transfer some of it to another UPS / buy a new battery.

Or...if you want to just get rid of messages altogether tell it to use netsend broadcast messages to notify and then send it to a machine that doesn't exist.

(I say that because I'm assuming you're using APC Powerchute and it won't let you turn off notification so I found out the other day).

Thank Post
    thanks, i'll have a look at the 2nd option

We will be getting another UPS in a couple of weeks, just wanted to turn off the messages in the meantime until we do.

Thank Post
    I've been having fun sorting out our UPS' this week. It had been partially setup and then left due to time constraints so I've started from scratch.

We've discovered a possible issue with our power supply because of it

Thank Post
    Buy yourself a decent UPS (powerware, liebert, mge) and ditch the garbage that is powerchute....

Looking into purchasing a 6-10kva ups and have made a point of NOT getting a quote for an APC product.

Thank Post
    I've heard good things of MGE. Just can't afford it at the moment. Money is going on other things unfortunately.

Thank Post
    Yeah, to be honest I think I will look at other options as well.

It's bloomin annoying really, because the UPS isn't at full load or anything, it reckons it has 6 mins runtime, and even when set to shutdown straight away on the event of power failure, still comes up with the message.

A few annoying things with APC's i've noticed, so am definately going to look at others.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    MGE own APC now they bought them last year.

I have used APC, MGE and Liebert units before, APCs have this habbit of "being safe" and turning off if they have a fault which is annoying, yes id rather be safe than have 415V thorugh me if it finds a fault but I don't appreciate it just turning off.

The MGE ones still seem a little industrail but are getting better, but with those size of demand you will have it all fully hardwired into the room and building systems so it shouldn't be an issue for you.

Lieberts have only been small that I have used and they have been great units and amazing value for money

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    MGE own APC now they bought them last year.

I have used APC, MGE and Liebert units before, APCs have this habbit of "being safe" and turning off if they have a fault which is annoying, yes id rather be safe than have 415V thorugh me if it finds a fault but I don't appreciate it just turning off.

The MGE ones still seem a little industrail but are getting better, but with those size of demand you will have it all fully hardwired into the room and building systems so it shouldn't be an issue for you.

Lieberts have only been small that I have used and they have been great units and amazing value for money
    other way round i believe john.....APC bought mge.....and the combined company was then bought by schneider electric some time afterward.

To meet competition rules they couldn't sell all of the UPS range under one company, that's why you have mge-ops (stands for office protection systems) seling the small ups.....and some of the bigger industrial mge products incorprated into apc's high end....apc didn't do high-end aswell as mge.

At the end of the day it matters little....if you want one a reseller will sell you an mge comet ex or an apc symmetra.

Thank Post
    Hate to argue but I am right, Schneider Electics were buying APC, and planned to merge APC with there own subsiduary that was MGE.

Quote Originally Posted by http://searchdatacenter.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid80_gci1226992,00.html
    Schneider Electric, a French electric equipment maker, has agreed to buy uninterruptible power supply (UPS) company American Power Conversion Corp. for $6.1 billion in cash.
    In a statement, Schneider added that it plans to merge its own subsidiary MGE UPS Systems with APC's UPS systems. The deal is expected to be completed by the end of March.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Hate to argue but I am right, Schneider Electics were buying APC, and planned to merge APC with there own subsiduary that was MGE.
    that would explain a lot. And you don't need to argue, i'm not arguing with you if you're right.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    that would explain a lot. And you don't need to argue, i'm not arguing with you if you're right.
    glad all was ok then Just had storming rows with people before on other forums when they belive they were right and i was right etc. Glad it ended ok

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread