+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, Sending Emails to AOL in Technical; They're not open yet, just tried ringing. I wonder if they block on maestegcs.bridgend.sch.uk or just bridgend.sch.uk, if it's the ...
    Thank Post
    They're not open yet, just tried ringing. I wonder if they block on maestegcs.bridgend.sch.uk or just bridgend.sch.uk, if it's the latter then we could be blacklisted because of another school in our area

I subscribed to the feedback loop over a year ago and I've had no notifications

Thank Post
    I'm in exactly the same boat as you, hence why I thought that Telnet test would show up the problem - apparently just takes one AO-hell user clicking spam and you get blacklisted

Did you call the USA number and they still weren't there

Thank Post
    I've just spoken to their postmaster dept on- 00 1.888.212.5537 (US Number) he's removed us from the blacklist and we'll be able to send to AOL addresses in the next 24-48 hours. The call took about 2 mins in total, so even though it's a USA call it shouldn't cost too much!

Thank Post
    I just tried to call them and got put on hold and transferred from department to deparment about four times! The person I eventually spoke to told me she had never heard of such a problem! The cheek! I pointed out that there is an entire webpage devoted to them blocking certain domains so she must have heard of it!

She then said she would not do anything about it because we are not an AOL customer. I spoke in idiot terms so that she would understand that my problem was that I COULD NOT SEND TO AOL, but again, she just said that she couldn't help as she had never heard of this problem.

Thank Post
    As of today we can now send to AOL.

If it helps you........
    I rang 00 1.888.212.5537, I straight away said I was calling from Maesteg Comprehensive in the UK, that we've been blacklisted and I'd like to get it resolved! The guy asked what bounce backs I was getting, I said nothing it was sitting in out mail queue, that I'd tried the manual telnet and got 554rtrch error. He then asked my name, what IP address I was sending from and said it would all be okay with 24-48 hours, which it was.

Maybe try calling again and hope you get someone else!

Oh, I did get the "thank you for calling AOL and have a nice day" to finish, how nice

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12