+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Delayed Write Failed in Technical; Hi, When an user tries to save any works into his/her user area Windows pops an error message that says ...
    Thank Post

Delayed Write Failed

Hi,

When an user tries to save any works into his/her user area Windows pops an error message that says " Disk is full..." which is not. And also when user tries to logoff windows pops another message that says " Windows- Delayed Write Failed...

Windows was unable to save all the data for the file X. The data has been lost. This error maybe caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere."

And I have checked event log : Event Log "event" 50, "Source" MRxSmb.

This problem only occurs for any computers in another building of our school.The connection has been done to that building by Laser connection. This issue is for any computer that is located in that building. I was wondering if any of you clear idea about this issue. I am thinking that might be realated with physical networking. I dont think so that is related with HW issue on workstation or server side. Because when I bring the error caused workstation into other location in school everything works fine.

Any help????

Thanks

Thank Post

Delayed Write Failed

Hi,

When an user tries to save any works into his/her user area Windows pops an error message that says " Disk is full..." which is not. And also when user tries to logoff windows pops another message that says " Windows- Delayed Write Failed...

Windows was unable to save all the data for the file X. The data has been lost. This error maybe caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere."

And I have checked event log : Event Log "event" 50, "Source" MRxSmb.

This problem only occurs for any computers in another building of our school.The connection has been done to that building by Laser connection. This issue is for any computer that is located in that building. I was wondering if any of you clear idea about this issue. I am thinking that might be realated with physical networking. I dont think so that is related with HW issue on workstation or server side. Because when I bring the error caused workstation into other location in school everything works fine.

Any help????

Thanks

Thank Post
    The SMB protocol will only wait a set amount of time to recieve an acknowledgment from the server that data has been written. The order that requests are written is not however prioritised meaning the timeout limit is reached. This will happen if the link to the server is too congested and throttling the data to/from the client or the server is running at capacity and is unable to serve clients in a timely manner.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Thanks for replys,

To DMcCoy: I dont think that is caused because of congestion. It is only one user accessesd the workstation. There is no way something will make busy traffic or congestion.

To GlennT: Thanks. I have already seen that link. Last data word is different. I got this c000020c.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It could also indicate a hardware problem, most likely with the servers disk storage system. So run some diagnostics on that.

Thank Post
    Is the laser connection ok??

Thank Post
    Nothing to do with HD. It is OK.
    There is only one possibility that is Laser connection. However if there is a problem with Laser how users can login to system and browse their documents. This only occurs when user try to logoff.

Thanks

Thank Post
    what are ping times like to the server on the other side of the link? try with larger ping packets too.

Thank Post
    I have pinged to that PC in Sports Hall (where is connected by Laser). And results for 65500 : 13ms but it doesnt allways reply back sometime yes sometime no.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by onder View Post
    I have pinged to that PC in Sports Hall (where is connected by Laser). And results for 65500 : 13ms but it doesnt allways reply back sometime yes sometime no.

Thanks
    Sounds like the laser connection may be iffy?
    There is nothing that may be causing a problem [tree branch partialy in the way etc]?
    May also be worth checking any switches etc that are enroute.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by onder View Post

Thanks
    13ms is huge, I'd want sub 1ms responses from all my LAN connections. The missing packets are more concerning, this would easily manifest itself as delayed write fails when the packet doesn't come back.

EDIT. Ah, for 65500 I'm getting 2ms response. Whats the normal ping time like?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,980 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What's the route to the pc like? Ie. does the laser link feed direct back to the core, or is it fed from an edge switch, or a stack etc...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcCoy View Post
    EDIT. Ah, for 65500 I'm getting 2ms response. Whats the normal ping time like?
    Is the workstation you are using Gbit, from a 100 workstation to a 1GB server i get an average of 11ms - wired to the same switch!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by button_ripple View Post
    Is the workstation you are using Gbit, from a 100 workstation to a 1GB server i get an average of 11ms - wired to the same switch!
    Ok, a test. No jumbo frames enabled

Me (1Gb) -- Core Switch (1Gb) -- edge switch (1Gb) -- client (1Gb) 65500 = 1ms

Me (1Gb) -- Core Switch (1Gb) -- edge switch (100Mb) -- client (100Mb) 65500 = 11ms

Reducing to 65000 works with more clients though.

To the OP do you lose packets with pings with the default size?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread