+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, OH GOD! PLEASE HELP :| in Technical; @Tom-Kirby - I hope you've had some joy recovering the data. Unless absolutely necessary, access to C:\ should be hidden, ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    @Tom-Kirby - I hope you've had some joy recovering the data. Unless absolutely necessary, access to C:\ should be hidden, making it impossible to save data locally. This can be achieved using GPOs.

It sounds to me as though a mapped drive has been setup, but it isn't overriding the default C:\Documents and Settings\ This would point to a permissions issue. Generally speaking users should be given full control to their own mapped My Documents.

Thank Post
    in the end i realised im not recovering his work. im recovering his convinience!

it was only quotes, and these quotes was e-mailed out to people(so still reside in his exchange mailbox>sent items/archive)

my documents arn't automaticly mapped by default(via GPO) so when setting up a user. we are ment to redirect the my Doc folder manualy... this wasn't done!

new domain comming in soon. what means a rebuild in GPO's!(forum topic to follow!)

Thank Post
    my documents arn't automaticly mapped by default(via GPO) so when setting up a user. we are ment to redirect the my Doc folder manualy... this wasn't done!
    Why do it manually?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-Kirby View Post
    It's not painful to setup for this to be done automatically. I did it a couple of years back and it is a godsend when swapping out computers and laptops, their My Docs is ready for them.

Thank Post
    It's not painful to setup for this to be done automatically. I did it a couple of years back and it is a godsend when swapping out computers and laptops, their My Docs is ready for them.
    Exactly, it adds a true roaming experience so their data is always available and managed centrally. If you need a point in the right direction, Folder Redirection is what you're looking for.

Thank Post
    We currently do this and it does make life a hell of a lot easier. Maybe there could be a tutorial set up if anyone knows the ins and outs of it.

Thank Post
    Ok Heres a bargain Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File Recovery - Home

From the same people who make CCleaner, its free (for the moment) and very good when using the deep recovery. GRAB IT WHILE ITS FREE!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information