+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Exchange Delete Personal folder in Technical; I have just set up my first exchange server (2003) all seems to be going well, considering I've never done ...

Thank Post

Unhappy Exchange Delete Personal folder

I have just set up my first exchange server (2003) all seems to be going well, considering I've never done this before. I can send mail via outlook (within my establishment, havent got to MX forwarders yet). The problem is that in outlook I have 2 folders "Personal Folders and "MailBox Kevin" (me). When I send and receive mail it goes to and from the "personal folder" inbox and sent box instead of from my "MailBox Kevin" this is empty regardless of what's sent or received.

I have tried redirecting the .pst file from the personal folder and deleting it but it still wont let me delete it.
    I have tried redirecting the .pst file to "Mailbox Kevin" but all mail still goes from the "personal Folders" directories.

I want my mail to come into and out of "Mailbox Kevin" not "personal folders" I want to get rid of "personal Folders"

I'm running Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003 and Outlook is on an XP Workstation...

Help!! what am I doing wrong?

Thank Post
    guessing that you are using outlook, try this, go to control pannel > mail > show profiles > select your profile > properties > email accounts > view / change existing email accounts

Then look at deliver new email to the following location if that the personal folder thatn change it to mailbox - display name

Thank Post

Nope

I tried that every which way I could find, it either creates yet another "personal folder" (that can be deleted) or just continues to receive and send on the first "personal folder" never on mine.
    ???
    I have noticed that if I login using IE browser by typing http://myserver/exchange/myname this all comes up perfectly with my credentials, i just want the same for the local outlook program.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread