+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Windows Thread, Audacity MSI needed in Technical; Try one of the following either batch or vbs i havnt tried them on logon, they seem to work inside ...
    Thank Post

Thumbs down

Try one of the following either batch or vbs i havnt tried them on logon, they seem to work inside windows.

Run etiher on logon

Code:
    dim oShell
    set oShell = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
    oShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\Audacity\Audacity\MP3\MP3LibPath" , "C:\Program Files\Audacity\Plug-Ins\libmp3lame-3.97\lame_enc.dll" , "REG_SZ"
    oShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\Audacity\Audacity\Version" , "1.2.6" , "REG_SZ"
    oShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\Audacity\Audacity\PrefsVersion" , "1.1.1r1" , "REG_SZ"
    Set oShell = Nothing

Code:
    REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Audacity\Audacity\MP3" /v MP3LibPath /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Program Files\Audacity\Plug-Ins\libmp3lame-3.97\lame_enc.dll" /f
    REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Audacity\Audacity" /v Version /t REG_SZ /d "1.2.6" /f
    REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Audacity\Audacity" /v PrefsVersion /t REG_SZ /d "1.1.1r1" /f

2. Thanks to tomscaper from:

Jay_Jay (12th May 2008)

Thank Post
    Thanks Tom the scripts worked great, I just scheduled a batch file to run at logon for each user

Thank Post
    To get Audacity and Lame working easily (and without having to install anything) download the portable apps version (Portable Apps Audacity), download Lame (Lame) and drop the lame_enc.dll into the Audacity\App\LAME folder.

Job done! Easy as pie.

HBJB

5. Thanks to Heebeejeebee from:

psbresner (18th March 2010)

Thank Post
    I'm sorry for starting all this up again, but what was the final solution for you lot?

And is there any functions not included in the portable version contra the full?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XistEnCe View Post
    I'm sorry for starting all this up again, but what was the final solution for you lot?

And is there any functions not included in the portable version contra the full?
    Have added the msi which has been zipped.

Inside are two msi's one in the folder audacity, that is the main program and the other is Audacity MP3 Plugin that just puts the lame plugin in to the folder c:\Program Files\Audacity\Plug-Ins\lame

Next add the vbs script to logon for users it is located, the Audacity MP3 Plugin.

This it the vbs code

Code:
    Dim OShell
    dim fso : set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    dim wshShell :  Set wshShell = Createobject("WScript.Shell")

'audacity mp3 location
    wshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\Audacity\Audacity\MP3\MP3LibPath" , "C:\Program Files\Audacity\Plug-Ins\lame\lame_enc.dll" , "REG_SZ"

'audacity language
    wshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\Audacity\Audacity\Locale\Language" , "en" , "REG_SZ"
    wshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\Audacity\Audacity\Version" , "1.2.6" , "REG_SZ"
    wshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\Audacity\Audacity\PrefsVersion" , "1.1.1r1" , "REG_SZ"
    It guess you could combine both msi's into one but they both work fine the way they are.

Hope this helps, if you need anything just pm me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

8. Thanks to tomscaper from:

XistEnCe (24th September 2008)

Thank Post

Thanks!

Thanks a million!
    Worked out great

Thank Post
    This worked great for me too, but it didn't create a shortcut in the Start Menu. I try to script the shortcut to be created at login, but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

Thank Post
    we have a redirected start menu and just create the shortcut manually. If you have any experience editing msi you could always manually create a shortcut within the msi.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vorschlaghammer View Post
    This worked great for me too, but it didn't create a shortcut in the Start Menu. I try to script the shortcut to be created at login, but it didn't work. Any suggestions?
    It wont work at login, only at startup.

Code:
    IF NOT EXIST  "%AllUsersProfile%\start menu\programs\app_folder\appname.lnk" xcopy "\\server_share\path_to_shortcut\appname.lnk" "%AllUsersProfile%\start menu\programs\app_folder\appname.lnk" /v /o

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_sri View Post
    I thought i saw a post with a link to a msi file for audacity somewhere but i have had a quick search and can not find anything.

Could anyone be kind enough to let me know if one exsists anywhere?

Thanks
    Lee
    MSI / Windows Installer
    Audacity release 1.2.6

http://www.inprose.com/package-repository.html

Thank Post
    Hi
    I've been pulling my hair out trying to get this to work for our requirements.
    I've tried to use batch files, vbs files, reg files etc.

Basically i understand that the registry settings need to be added once the user has logged on because the settings are for current user.
    So when i've been trying to use a batch file to install the .msi and then copy the lame mp3 file and then call the reg file, and even tried just adding the reg items into the batch file. Everything works apart from the reg settings being added.
    The simple thing that everyone seems to be saying is to set the script to user logon, but i can't as i only need Audacity installing in 1 classroom so i can't have the reg settings installing on every computer a user logs onto. I need it installing for uses but only for 1 classroom.
    I thought i had it by using the login scripts but for computers not uses in group policy but it didn't seem to run at all.
    What i have ended up doing is that in the startup script i have xcopy the vbs file to the commputers startup folder in the start menus so that it the reg settings get installed locally but silently when a user logs onto the PCs in the classroom.
    If someone can give advice on how to install for login scripts but for a set of computers rather than users then please let me know.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrish16 View Post
    The simple thing that everyone seems to be saying is to set the script to user logon, but i can't as i only need Audacity installing in 1 classroom so i can't have the reg settings installing on every computer a user logs onto.
    Although it will "clutter" up the registry there's no harm in having this in every user's registry - it doesn't "do" anything.

If you really don't want it on every machine then you could adapt @tomscaper's code so that it checks to see if Audacity is installed.

Code:
    set oShell = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
    set oFSO=createobject("scripting.filesystemobject")
    if ofso.fileexists("c:\Program Files\Audacity\audacity.exe") then 
      oShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\Audacity\Audacity\MP3\MP3LibPath" , "C:\Program Files\Audacity\Plug-Ins\libmp3lame-3.97\lame_enc.dll" , "REG_SZ"
      oShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\Audacity\Audacity\Version" , "1.2.6" , "REG_SZ"
      oShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\Audacity\Audacity\PrefsVersion" , "1.1.1r1" , "REG_SZ"
    end if
    Finally (!!) why not just push it out everywhere - it's free and installs pretty quickly :-)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srochford View Post
    why not just push it out everywhere - it's free and installs pretty quickly :-)
    you'll be a linux convert next

Thank Post
    To be able to use the user logon script do i need to put the group policy configuration on an OU that has user accounts within or can i put it on an OU with only computers in but configure group policy on the user part?

Thank Post
    I have mandatory profiles for all pupils, and roaming profiles for staff so i added the registry keys to the mandatory profiles, and assume the staff can select whatever language they like. Job done.

Craig

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast