Windows Thread, Exchange 2003 GAL Groups in Technical; Hi, have you tried deleting the users *.oab files? Haven't time to read all the thread but I have had ...
8th May 2008, 11:20 AM #16
- Rep Power
Hi, have you tried deleting the users *.oab files? Haven't time to read all the thread but I have had issues with cached mode clients and the address book. go to
C:\Documents and Settings\users_username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
and delete all the .oab files. I personally make a backup folder and put them in there.
This may not solve your problem but will rule it out of the equation!
IDG Tech News
8th May 2008, 12:58 PM #17
could you build a virtual server and then install exchange and see what happens on a fresh start...?
12th May 2008, 09:45 AM #18
Could do... thats my next option once nothing else works.
Originally Posted by Joanne
12th May 2008, 09:52 AM #19
Tried this one, same problem occurs.
Originally Posted by leegcvcc
12th May 2008, 09:54 AM #20
Ok people, thanks for all your suggestions so far. I'm getting somewhere i feel.
I'm getting a concurrent error 9302.
"The transport configuration type 1 for the directory entry with DN or GUID CN=MICROSOFT MTA,CN=PHS-SERV1,CN=SERVERS,CN=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP,CN=ADMINISTRATIVE GROUPS,CN=*domain*,CN=MICROSOFT EXCHANGE,CN=SERVICES,CN=CONFIGURATION,DC=*domain*, DC=LOCAL is not one of the supported values. Reconfigure the transport configuration type in the identified directory entry. [BASE IL OPERATOR 23 217] (8)"
I get a type 2 also.
I have located the Directory Access tab but cannot change any values?
Last edited by phughes; 12th May 2008 at 10:01 AM.
12th May 2008, 02:16 PM #21
Might want to try this:
MSExchangeMTA - Directory Access - Event 9302 : 9302, event, msexchangemta
Verify that the particular object(s) in question have X.400 addresses or that the address space is correct. Run an "mtacheck /rd /rp"
14th May 2008, 10:31 AM #22
I have disabled the MTA stack after reding all of the literature.
This has resolved the error event i was receiving.
I have tried a rebuild of the OAL since and the problem still remains,the users from within groups are still not appearing in the GAL.
I am receiving no error events on my exchange server at all to indicate where the problem lies. I have checked the domain controllers also and there appears to be no clues.
This is a real headscratcher
16th May 2008, 09:52 AM #23
Well everyone, thanks for your help, we have finally cracked it!!
It was either a recent update or something to do with Print Manager Plus 2008 messing with AD.
It appears that any user within their own faculty group, if they have the primary group in AD set to the exchange address group then this results in them not being displayed in the exchange group. Strange as it may sound.
The solution to this was, creating distribution groups for all faculties and creating new exchange group attributes and removing the attributes from the previous security group. This seems odd given that everything worked perfectly in the "before time".
Any ways, I think we are doing a complete network rebuild over summer, which should be fun ;-).
Thanks again people,
By steve in forum Windows
Last Post: 8th November 2007, 07:14 PM
By frontal in forum Windows
Last Post: 9th March 2007, 10:10 AM
By localzuk in forum *nix
Last Post: 11th February 2007, 09:57 PM
By SpuffMonkey in forum Windows
Last Post: 20th July 2006, 12:18 AM
By Dos_Box in forum Windows
Last Post: 27th May 2006, 03:48 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Tags for this Thread