+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Windows Thread, F.A.O. All ICT Managers / Technicians in Technical; Sounds like you are an ideal candidate to try out the presentation package when it's available...
    Thank Post

Re: F.A.O. All ICT Managers / Technicians

Sounds like you are an ideal candidate to try out the presentation package when it's available

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts

So this software is from a Police forensics department? it sounds quite hardcore like it is normally used to gather data about criminals?
    I'd be more in favour of preventative measures, such as smart filtering than have an external company go through students 'private' information. It may end up doing more harm than good by scaring kids away from computers/internet.

We are in the business of protecting children, but we must also respect their right to privacy.

Thank Post

Alan-d

Many thanks for your post and comments and time.

We are pleased that you found the service that we are able to offer, excellent.

Russ

We have compared our results from a non-selective comprehensive school Single and Mixed. We have discovered a phenomenal difference in student’s inappropriate behavior; we must also take in account that each audit is tailored to each school.

Beeswax

Looks like you could do with a quote PM or email sales @ internetauditsolutions.com

CyberNerd

Your points are noted, computer forensic software incorrect. We are here to provide a full service to the ICT departments in schools, and to combat internet misuse within schools, both parties comply with the DPA fully. This is used as a preventative measure; Smart filtering on the whole does not work 100%. We do not go through any student’s private information whatsoever. And my main objective is to protect pupils firstly.

Mitch

at a school at the moment so will post more indepth later

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd
    So this software is from a Police forensics department? it sounds quite hardcore like it is normally used to gather data about criminals?
    I'd be more in favour of preventative measures, such as smart filtering than have an external company go through students 'private' information. It may end up doing more harm than good by scaring kids away from computers/internet.

We are in the business of protecting children, but we must also respect their right to privacy.
    Mitch has already answered you and I support what he says. Believe me - if I thought that this approach was a waste of time I would have siad so.

By all means use other preventative measures - my report does not state that you shouldn't - however at what cost to the school? Remember what you spend on IT takes away the budget from elsewhere to spend on someting else the students need. Also how many hours over a period of time do you spend adding a site to your filter or investigating why little johny is able to get playboy online?

As for privacy - students have limited rights to privacy on a school network - as already stated - no personal information is read other than the username which is not confidential.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts

As for privacy - students have limited rights to privacy on a school network
    your quite right, and I often spend time checking up on students. I was pointing out that it is better to prevent an incident than mop up afterwards.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd
    As for privacy - students have limited rights to privacy on a school network
    your quite right, and I often spend time checking up on students. I was pointing out that it is better to prevent an incident than mop up afterwards.
    Yep which is how this approach to internet education is designed to work - let them know what can be seen and they'll think twice before replying to that nice 14 yr old who is actually a 50 yr old pervert

Thank Post

An update for those that are interested.
    We have now updated our website with testimonials and prices along with a list of options.
    We have also spoken to Edugeek site admin and put forward a suggestion regarding the BETT2007 exhibition.
    We would like to offer, as a kind of return for the sites support and to its members, a donation of 10% of any comfirmed anaysis to the BETT2007 expenses, all we ask is that on any order you quote the words EduGeek.

www.internetauditsolutions.com

Thank Post

Update Report

We now have the ability to perform remote audits, thus enabiling us to provide a detailed report whenever the need arises at a particular school, be it a single pupil, year groups, whole of school, on a daily, monthly, quarterly, annually basis.

For example a school like alan-d could request that quarterly we issue a report to him containing internet violations by users. Alan then does nothing, every quarter a report lands on his desk in any media format requested, (secure E-Mail, CDrom, Hard Copy)

Emergency Responce

Should the need arise from a client, we can respond to a specific incident
    with the same level of detail within a time frame of 24 hours.

Child Protection issues take priority and supersede any other obligations we may have.

Mitch

Thank Post

Nice one Mitch I hope all goes well

Thank Post

Dear All

We are pleased to announce that we are now in partnership with CCL Computers offering our solution to schools.

We have also updated our website
    and given our product a name.

Have a look and see what you think, all views appreciated.

Mitch

Thank Post

I have only just read this thread... I wasn't a member at the time it was started.

This is highly interesting though. I know we have been asked not to ask which files on the windows OS it uses to collect the data, but this subject really fasinates me.

I have only ever read on one website that windows records internet activity in a location other then the standard history etc. The website in question said that it was a place in windows that couldn't be seen from the standard explorer window. It gave the location of the files and a way of deleting them, but this website happened to be an anti-microsoft website and at the time I took what they said with a pinch of salt.

Now i'm not so sure they were lying though...

Why are the files used being kept so secret? Surely these details would be published all over the internet if it is true... people aren't keen on having their activities monitored in a location they aren't aware of and there would be uproar.

This program seemed to be shrouded in secrecy, but i'm not entirely sure why and it makes me very suspicious, not just of the developers, but of microsoft themselves.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?

Thank Post

There is no real secret as to what files are viewed but as Mitch was starting a business and we trialled the software I signed a non-disclosure agreement.

The other point is that some schools may give access to the files without realising the implications. A knowlegdable user could delete/tamper with them to hide their tracks.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456