+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Opening Attachments in Outlook Web Access in Technical; We cannot open attachments from Outlook Web Access using IE7 unless we save them to local machine first. We used ...
    Thank Post

Opening Attachments in Outlook Web Access

We cannot open attachments from Outlook Web Access using IE7 unless we save them to local machine first. We used to be able to just click on the attachment and it would boot the application that is required.
    Last edited by wellscs; 22nd April 2008 at 07:15 PM.

Thank Post
    I have seen a problem like this before, you need to update the S/MIME control on the Exchange server then re-install it on any client machines that use OWA. If you follow the Microsoft KB article below it should hopefully sort your issue.

The Compose Message form stops responding after you install Internet Explorer 7.0 and the S/MIME control on an Outlook Web Access client in Exchange Server 2003

Thank Post
    We seem to be having the same problem at the moment. To clarify the problems read below.

User logs onto MS Outlook Webaccess (Both Rangered, and non rangered) opens an email with an attachment, from here two things happen.

PDF:
    1) Document attempts to open, loads Adobe plugins etc but doesn't open within the new browser window, but will open once you press F5 on the refreshed page.
    2) Opens Adobe 8.1.1 program, with no document loaded, but opening the file again, loads the document (On the basis that 8.1.1 isn't closed)
    3) Cannot open document directly, saving to desktop and than opening works

EXCEL:
    1) Document loads MS Excel, but blank document opens. Re-opening the document without closing Excel opens it (as PDF.2)
    2) Cannot open document directly, saving to desktop and than opening works

WORD:
    1) as (Excel.1)
    2) as (Excel.2)

We've tried resetting security on browsers to no avail, tried on non-ranger machines, on machines with unrestricted ranger profiles, private gateway requiring no authentication, ISA2000 proxy and the likes.

Now don't get me wrong, I've search within google so many times, and everything I find is irrelevant, or too broad a search term. My only hope is that someone else has experienced the above and knows a solution

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread