+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Exchange 2007 going in. Where to learn about it? in Technical; We're dumping RM Easymail for a local Exchange 07 server next month. RM are setting it all up and installing ...
    Thank Post

Exchange 2007 going in. Where to learn about it?

We're dumping RM Easymail for a local Exchange 07 server next month. RM are setting it all up and installing it but in the interest of avoiding their support lines, where can I learn more about it? Know any good sites, books, etc?

Thank Post
    This may help.....
    Watch Online - itidiots.com

Thank Post
    I don't know whether the RMMC 'tools' work for Exchange07 yet so that may be something to ask them otherwise, you may need to learn the ropes without RM's easy tools.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ive just completed implementation of Exchange 2007, moved from 2003. Started the process at Christmas. Feel free to drop me a line if you want any advice. I would doubt that RM have yet done integration to Exchange 2007 tools as the console is massively different to 2003. One tip - if you "bin" users mailboxes for abusing the system like we do - do not use the "Remove" option - this removes the whole AD Account!! You need to use "Disable". Nice wording there from Microsoft.

I found this website very useful too...Microsoft Exchange Server Resource Site: Articles & Tutorials
    Last edited by TheScarfedOne; 29th March 2008 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Weblink addition

Thank Post
    I'm currently studying Exchange 2007 as I'll be migrating from 2003 to 2007 this upcoming financial year, these are the things that I'm using:

MS Press Self-Paced Training Kit "Configuring Microsoft Exchange Server 2007" & CBTNuggets for Exchange 2007.

-Ken

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartwilkie View Post
    One tip - if you "bin" users mailboxes for abusing the system like we do - do not use the "Remove" option - this removes the whole AD Account!! You need to use "Disable". Nice wording there from Microsoft.
    Yeah, our LA did that to one of our admin network users.........

Thank Post
    I had a course booked for it for this week then at the last minute the company cancelled, well annoyed as it was the proper Microsoft course - guess it's back to Google, skim reading and so on now

Thank Post
    I've been using Exchange 2007 in production for over a year now and although I've never had any formal training on it, I can mention a couple of good resources I have used.
    The Microsoft Exchange Team Blog, also known as You Had Me At EHLO, is really useful, with lots of general information and code snippets.
    It's really important that you understand how the PowerShell works, as loads of the admin needs to be completed through this rather than the GUI. You can get documentation, including the Primer, which is really useful, here.
    You can get some good example scripts to tweak from here.

There are things that you will want to check RM have done, for example changing the default message size on the connectors (10MB).

Exchange 2007 is very different from 2000/2003, so you can't expect that people with knowledge of these systems will just be able to jump in and work with it. You are now unable to perform email based tasks from AD, but have to use the Exchange Management Console and/or the PowerShell instead. To start with I was really against the PowerShell, thinking that it was quite a backward move by MS, but if you can invest the time in learning it, it really is quite powerful.

It's going to be quite a big jump from your current system. If you have any specific questions once it is in, feel free to come back to me.

Good luck.

Thank Post
    I don't rate going back to Command Line either meself, also taking away the AD integration seems a bit backwards

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread