+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Problem with Outlook due to Incredimail in Technical; A staff user has an error message while loading Outlook. It reads: The add in "C:\Progra~1\Incredi~1\bin\IMOLExch.dll could not be installed ...

Thank Post

Problem with Outlook due to Incredimail

A staff user has an error message while loading Outlook. It reads:
    The add in "C:\Progra~1\Incredi~1\bin\IMOLExch.dll could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using detect and repair on the help menu.
    Unable to load "C:\Progra~1\Incredi~1\bin\IMOLExch.dll". You may be out of memory, out of system resources, or missing a .DLL file."

The DLL file in question is missing, but I have uninstalled Incredimail and re-installed Office and the problem persists. Have tried googling for an answer but to no avail.
    Anybody have any ideas?
    Muchas Gracias

Thank Post

Re: Problem with Outlook due to Incredimail

'm about to recommend something that most folks find 'scary' because they've always been told not to mess with the registry; but it's probably the quickest fix.

Click the Start button and select Run. It wasn't mentioned which operating system you have....if it's WinNT or XP, type in REGEDT32 and click OK. If you're on a non-NT-based system like Win98, type in REGEDIT. Your registry editor will pop up. From the toolbar at the top, select Edit/Find. Enter that filename (IMOLEXCH.DLL) in the space provided, and ensure all checkboxes are marked for Data, Values and Keys. Click OK. This will find any reference to that particular file on your computer. You may have to click Edit/Find Next until it tells you there are no more to find. You want to find out what application this file is associated with. If it's in a Microsoft directory (you'll be able to tell by the folders that will be open to the left side of the window), you'll want to leave the reference alone. Don't delete/rename/move it at all. If, however, you find a reference to the file and it's in a folder tied to that Incredimail application, you can delete the item; you've already removed that application so it makes no difference if you trash the references to it. Just BE SURE to follow the chain of folders to ensure you're not deleting any Microsoft-specific keys.

As a last resort, you can Archive everything in your current Outlook and then uninstall/reinstall Outlook. You'll be able to restore from archive your mailbox & calendar contents.

I hope this helps...but edit the regisrty at your own risk,

Thank Post

thanks for ur help tosca. in the end i just got outlook working properly and left the error message on, they installed some crap without asking first so can live with the error messages.

Thank Post

Try a few spyware sweeps also - with all the usual tools [spybot - S&D, Ad-aware. CWShredder, MS ASW, etc] as some Incredimail apps arent legit - and as a side-effect, it may be down to that.

And it may help things too lol

Regards
    Nath.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 967 Posts

with regards to anti spyware apps, ewido is a good one and also using registry mechanic would be good to use.

With regards to the error message why not just use regsvr32 "x:\path\to\dll.dll" /u

I believe that is the command but if you go to a command prompt and type

regsvr32 /?

It will list all the switches ( If not I am sure a quick google search will give you the answer you are looking for ) with regards to un registering the dll

If that fails you could always re install incredimail and uninstall it correctly the way god intended lol.

Also might be worth trying to use ccleaner (www.ccleaner.com ) as that normally finds dodgy stuff and will also clear out all of the junk

hope this helps

Thank Post

If you are going to start chopping things out of the registry by hand BACK IT UP FIRST!! File - Export and save it somewhere safe!

Thank Post

Yep - CCleaner might be a good one to try Just untick all the options except for missing DLL's - etc and give it a try.

Also, a very handy tool is Dial-A-Fix - just google it and give it a blast, you'll see why

Andrew - I dont think he was meaning manually edit one. I've never messed up a machine by editing the registry - either manually or not, but to ppl not experienced in doing so, you are quite correct - it is recommended.

I think CCleaner does do a backup of the registry first and prompts you to save it somewhere. Something like that anyhow.

Norton's WinDoctor has server me well for many a-year also - so this might help with it also.

Regards
    Nath

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread