+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Authentication Delegation in ISA 2006 in Technical; Morning/Afternoon (depending when you are reading this), I just have a little question about ISA server 2006 been used as ...
    Thank Post

Authentication Delegation in ISA 2006

Morning/Afternoon (depending when you are reading this), I just have a little question about ISA server 2006 been used as a reverse proxy. The issue is about password delegation. When I set up a site that uses passwords to enter the site, I have the issue that the authentication box just keeps popping up and it does not accept the user name and password which is entered. I have set up Authentication Delegation to be 'No Delegation, but client may authenticate directly' & within the Listener I have set the Client Authentication Method to 'No Authentication' Now I take it all user names and password will pass through and be delegated to the end server which the reverse proxy is connecting to. The question is does the Active Directory on the back end server need to be opened up for our reverse proxy to access this, so it can use it to pass the information. The issue to this is that the back end server is not in the same domain that the reverse proxy is. So if any one can give me some advise I would be most greatful.
    Cheers

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,270 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The authentication on the actual server is polled directly from its AD domain (if using domain based auth) and so the fact that it is in a different domain should not matter. What authentication methods are configured on the IIS site itself as this may be some of the issue.

The other thing to check is whether the authentication is setup with a default domain supplied otherwise you may need to prepend the domain to the username at logon eg. domain\username

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread