+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, getting printers to notify toner/cartridge is empty in Technical; Originally Posted by beeswax it comes on the installation cd. let it autorun then you should see 2 sections, the ...

Thank Post

Re: getting printers to notify toner/cartridge is empty

Quote Originally Posted by beeswax
    it comes on the installation cd. let it autorun then you should see 2 sections, the top one (I think) is for stand alone etc, the bottom one is for administrators (or somethiong along those lines) has the utility, called BRE... or something similar. sorry, end of week, wind down.

beeswax
    it's called BRAdmin. and having a quick scan through it there's a Configure POP3/SMTP link in there which seems to imply that you can get the printer to email you, but I haven't had time to look into it.

beeswax

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts

@John - That's very interesting to hear of your experience with Kyocera Photocopiers because my experience of them is very poor also.

We do have a KM-4030 which is a normal black and white copier which also allows printing through Ethernet at 40 pages a minute. It's generally very reliable and the quality is acceptable (most of the time), however we also have two KM-C830's which are colour photocopiers. If there's anyone out there looking for copiers, please do not even consider leasing these machines. Performance is so slow it's unbelievable and printing even the smallest of documents takes minutes rather than seconds.
    I've tried new drivers, updating the firmware on the machines, having numerous engineers from the leasing company and also a Kyocera representative visit the school. To put it simply he was an ar$e as he also couldn't resolve the slowness. It just angers me how Kyocera can get away with manufacturing poor products and even worse leasing companies still offering them to customers. In future HP or Canon will definitely be receiving a call from me.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts

@Michael, the thing i can agree with them is they are cheap, but it shows all the way through the machine, its very cheap, cheap software, cheap metal, cheap plastic, just cheap cheap cheap. We had 3, now down to two, and I hate them. Go for a Toshiba they are so much nicer and the print contoler is a lot more user friendly from an admins point of view.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12