+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Exchange forwarding in Technical; ...
    Thank Post

Exchange forwarding

Ok, hereís strange one and itís had me scratching my head all day.

One of my schools is running server 2000 with Exchange 2000. There is no external OWA so it has been configured to forward the teachers emails to a home address. Itís been like this for 2 years and till now has worked well.

The EMBC which we use has just changed their ISP from Fujitsu to Synetrix. I changed the smart host in Exchange to use the Synetrix SMTP servers and since then this forwarding has failed. The tracking log shows the original email coming in and being delivered to the users mailbox, then an NDR is issued which goes straight into the bad mail folder.

I have no idea what to do with this as the settings all look ok.

Thank Post
    It would appear that the filters might be stopping your mail, i would stop relaying trougt the synetrix smart host and configure your dns to deliver direct to the other mail servers, you can set it up so that you exchange box delivers direct and your incoming mail is sent via synetrix spam filter, this would eliminate synetrix from your outbound problems. (if you do this make sure that you setup reverse DNS)

Regards

Thank Post
    Thanks for that but I've just done a telnet check and it appears I can only send via the EMBC.

Thank Post
    Just a thought, but if the forwarding was delayed by a minute or two I think that might work. Any ideas how to do that?

Thank Post
    I am not sure that you can delay forwarding, but you can have the ports opened trought synetrix, i used to use synetrix and i had setup my mail server to deliver direct to the net and my incomming through synetrix spam filter.

Thank Post
    I set exchange to send direct which I knew was blocked but that created a delay of a minute or two which I hoped would do the trick. It didnít but was worth a try. Strangely forwarding started working yesterday but today itís stopped again so I assume itís something to do with synetrix filters. synetrix have had a lot of problems taking over from fujitsu as one of my schools was without email for a week.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobos View Post
    I set exchange to send direct which I knew was blocked but that created a delay of a minute or two which I hoped would do the trick. It didnít but was worth a try. Strangely forwarding started working yesterday but today itís stopped again so I assume itís something to do with synetrix filters. synetrix have had a lot of problems taking over from fujitsu as one of my schools was without email for a week.

Are you using the IP or the actual FQDN of the server? If you use the IP remember to bracket it eg [1.2.3.4] - you dont need to bracket it if you are using the FQDN in exchange.

Thank Post
    All emails are sent through relay.embc.uk.com. I've read on another thread about logging on to email systems to check the logs so I've requested the logon details for the school as I've never had cause to use email systems before. Sometimes the forwarding works and sometimes it doesn't which is puzzling.

Thank Post
    All emails are sent through relay.embc.uk.com. I've read on another thread about logging on to email systems to check the logs so I've requested the logon details for the school as I've never had cause to use email systems before. Sometimes the forwarding works and sometimes it doesn't which is puzzling.
    Have you had this resolved?

Thank Post
    I've not had the logon details sorted out yet as I've been on holiday this week but I see I've had an email from Tim at Synetrixs so I expect all will be resolved next week.

Thank Post
    There is a way with dual SMTP connectors to get a delay, but I wouldnt recommend it.

Thank Post
    I've not had the logon details sorted out yet as I've been on holiday this week but I see I've had an email from Tim at Synetrixs so I expect all will be resolved next week.

If you need any help - let me know

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread